Fenland Running Club members see out 2015 in style with Ely New Year’s Eve 10k
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club members laced up their running shoes for the final race of 2015 in the Ely Runners New Year’s Eve 10K.
The Ely Runners New Year’s Eve 10K is one of the most popular local races and last year proved no exception with 566 finishers taking their last opportunity to record a personal best in 2015.
Twenty nine Fenland Running Club members were amongst those chasing a PB and Marc Martin, Tracey Howard, Carol Slater-Garner, Neil Bailey, Tracy Farr and Tom Richards did just that.
Although dry and mild, gusting headwinds made Kilometres 6 to 8 draining just before the challenging hill climb to come.
Shane Draper was first home for FRC in 44th place in a time of 39:55 and Katie Ward was first Club lady in 151st place and 46:01.
You may also want to watch:
Ann Trett completed her first race since having her daughter Tilly and made sure of setting Tilly off on her own running career by being the first Mother and Baby-buggy home in 480th place and 1:02:18.
Full results: Shane Draper 44th 39:55; Rod Sinnott 48th 40:33; Tim Chapman 57th 41:04; Paul Griffin 66th 41:41; Tom Richards 93rd 42:55 (PB); Katie Ward 151st 46:01; Nicky Jennings 167th 46:44; Martin Jennings 168th 46:45; Sarah Gauvin 179th 47:35; Michelle Gilbert 205th 49:22; Jay Gilbert 211th 49:38; Marc Martin 214th 49:45 (PB); Alan Bird 249th 51:20; Neil Bailey 250th 51:22 (PB); Tracey Howard 286th 52:41 (PB); Hilary Allen 288th 52:45; Richard Allen 289th 52:45; Carol Bowett 294th 52:54; Denise Griffin 333rd 54:10; Justin Brown 337th 54:18; Julie Garner 396th 57:01; Tracy Farr 415th 57:40 (PB); Stephen Brunton 467th 1:01:17; Sharon Bird 478th 1:01:17; Tracy Thullburn 479th 1;02:16; Ann Trett 480th 1:02:18; Carol Slater-Garner 506th 1:04:58 (PB); Emma Bonner 545th 1:10:09; Gill Holmes 549th 1:10:49.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
Also competing in the Marham Flyers 10K were Ian Milburn and Jane Greenwood who in a field of 109 came 34th and 64th in 47;10 and 53:12 respectively.
Colin Simpson and Sue George took part in the Marham Flyers Duathlon were who in a field of 19 were 17th and 19th in 93:32 and 113:49 respectively. Sue was also First Lady.