Fenland Running Club get back into business - racing in the Ely Runners New Year winter 10k
- Credit: Archant
Recovering from Christmas, the Fenland Running Club (FRC) got back into action, taking on the hugely popular Ely Runners New Years Eve 10k race in Little Downham.
In amongst the field of 587 finishers, the FRC had 23 members competing in the ‘great’ conditions, although some runners said the more exposed areas of the course proved to be ‘very windy’.
Martin Jennings was first home for the club, finishing in 14th place and taking the honours of First MV45 in a time of 36:25.
Ian Milburn was ‘honoured’ to take the first MV70, finishing in 216th place, with a time of 49:30.
Jane Greenwood just missed out on prize money, finishing as second LV60 with a time of 52:59.
You may also want to watch:
Full results are as followed:
Martin Jennings 14th 36:25;
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
Tim Chapman 68th 41:54;
Paul Griffin 80th 42:32;
Rod Sinnott 99th 43:42;
Claudia Milburn 121st 45:38;
Andre Pittock 1213rd 45:39;
Jack Griffin 133rd 46:08;
Tim Clough 135th 46:10;
Elisabeth Sennitt Clough 46:39;
Nicky Jennings 154th 46:59;
Carol Bowett 160th 47:14;
Ian Milburn 216th 49:30;
Maire Kay 231st 50:15;
Ian King 273rd 51:52;
Jane Greenwood 306th 52:59;
Stacie Youngs 364th 55:36;
Sam Lyddiatt 412th 58:19;
Benji Carter 422nd 59:12;
Jo Clarke 470th 1:01:59;
Lucy Hicks 492nd 1:03:59;
Gayna O’Rourke 523rd 1:06:22;
Sally King 576th 1:16:02;
Emma Bonner 582nd 1:21:01.