Fenland’s best fighters show talent in front of full house at Chatteris ABC
CHATTERIS Amateur Boxing Club was buzzing on Saturday night as a full house watched Fenland’s best young fighters in action.
Newly crowned Club’s for Young People British Champion Jordan Gill returned to the ring with another triumph, beating Kester Parish-Jones of Coventry.
The 16 year-old continued the sparkling from which saw him bag the title two weeks ago, countering his opponent’s power with his own fitness and ferocity to win by unanimous decision.
His fellow Fenland fighters also took the chance to showcase their talent, with 13 bouts of all weights and ages at the Cromwell Sports Hall.
Young star Percy Baxter put in a commanding performance to take his fight in the first round while 11 year-old Chatteris fighter Dean Baxter lost on points to his Donnington opponent.
You may also want to watch:
A hard-hitting local derby saw Luke McVicar from Chatteris overcome Mark Crosby from March by majority verdict.
Chatteris fighter Richard Caluanan fought courageously but was beaten by Ethan Pick from Earl Shilton, in a narrow majority decision, and Jordan Tilsley, also from Chatteris, was unlucky not to be awarded his fight against a Cheshunt fighter.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
The club wished to thank sponsors Global Tiles and everyone who supported the show.
March ABC have also been in action against some talented Guildford fighters. Tom Kingdom - a schoolboy finalist last season - was beaten by Danny Hedges in a comfortable points win. Ambrose Drapper’s powerful left hooks helped him cruise to victory over Tommy Mowbey.