Fenland’s best fighters show talent in front of full house at Chatteris ABC
CHATTERIS Amateur Boxing Club was buzzing on Saturday night as a full house watched Fenland’s best young fighters in action.
Newly crowned Club’s for Young People British Champion Jordan Gill returned to the ring with another triumph, beating Kester Parish-Jones of Coventry.
The 16 year-old continued the sparkling from which saw him bag the title two weeks ago, countering his opponent’s power with his own fitness and ferocity to win by unanimous decision.
His fellow Fenland fighters also took the chance to showcase their talent, with 13 bouts of all weights and ages at the Cromwell Sports Hall.
Young star Percy Baxter put in a commanding performance to take his fight in the first round while 11 year-old Chatteris fighter Dean Baxter lost on points to his Donnington opponent.
You may also want to watch:
A hard-hitting local derby saw Luke McVicar from Chatteris overcome Mark Crosby from March by majority verdict.
Chatteris fighter Richard Caluanan fought courageously but was beaten by Ethan Pick from Earl Shilton, in a narrow majority decision, and Jordan Tilsley, also from Chatteris, was unlucky not to be awarded his fight against a Cheshunt fighter.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 5 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 6 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 9 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
The club wished to thank sponsors Global Tiles and everyone who supported the show.
March ABC have also been in action against some talented Guildford fighters. Tom Kingdom - a schoolboy finalist last season - was beaten by Danny Hedges in a comfortable points win. Ambrose Drapper’s powerful left hooks helped him cruise to victory over Tommy Mowbey.