Fenland’s boxing prospects showcase their talents at Sparta ABC show
- Credit: Archant
The region’s Boxing prodigies stepped into the ring to showcase their talents in Sparta ABC’s boxing show on Saturday night.
Fighters of all ages faced off infront of a crowd of over 250 at the Neale-Wade Academy in March.
The first bout of the night was a skills bout between Sparta’s Richard Smith and Kyle McKechnie, with Smith performing with great maturity for only his second time in the ring.
Liam Finlay (below) was next up, taking on Hope Price of St Ives in a very tight contest, with the Sparta fighter winning on a split decision.
One of three brothers, Gracjan Ciureja, boxed with poise and composure and won by a unanimous decision against Haddenham’s Nathan Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Another Ciureja brother was also victorious; Kasper Ciureja won after three terrific rounds of boxing, knocking his opponent, Oliver Adams, down in the first round.
Eryk Ciureja (right) was also in action, but a valiant performance saw him lose to a more experienced fighter in the form of Amo Singh.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 10 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
Igor Mihailov performed well but lost out to Mitchell Chittack of Holland Park.
John Smith made short work of Attleborough’s Ben Clarke in his first competitive bout, winning by unanimous decision.
In the night’s final fight, a defiant performance from Tony Herbert wasn’t enough as he was defeated by Santiago Weaver, also of Attleborough ABC.
Matt Lenton of Sparta ABC praised the performances of all the club’s fighters, saying: “Overall, it was a very pleasing display by all the boys.
We drew in a great crowd and I’d like to thank everyone who attended and everyone who helped organise the event.
I’d also like to say thank you to all of our sponsors, especially Jason Negus who sponsored our trophies and Rob Skoulding.
We’re looking forward to having another show in the future.”
The show was sponsored by Purple Diamond, Soverign Quarter Horses, the Golden Lion in Stonea, Causeway Guest House, Caffe Delight, Guys and Dolls hair salon, Mill Hill garage, Sewlo Embroidery, Terry and Pam Oldfield, Riverside Cafe, Steve Impey, and Jason Whitelock.