Fenland’s finest Chinese kickboxing martial artists taste glory at Boston event
FENLAND’s finest British Chinese Kickboxing Association martial artists were crowned as the Overall Schools Grand Champions for the second year running at the Boston European Martial Arts Association Championship.
BCKA kickboxing, who have clubs in various places including Whittlesey, Wisbech, March, Chatteris, Ramsey and Ely, finished 600 points clear of Pride UK to clinch the title.
Many fighters, including Kris Leuridan, tasted personal glory at the event where fighters competed against martial artists from other disciplines.
Andy Whitwell, BCKA executive instructor, said: “It was a great display from some great fighters and they are a credit to our clubs and the BCKA style.
“I’d encourage anyone to join one of our clubs as it’s not all about competing. It’s sociable, fun, good for fitness and excellent for learning self-defence.”
You may also want to watch:
The BCKA are offering a four-week beginner course for �30. This includes a life membership, uniform and all sessions are pay as you train at any of their clubs.
For further details contact Andy Whitwell, fourth degree black belt, on 07969792286.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years