Fenland’s finest Chinese kickboxing martial artists taste glory at Boston event
FENLAND’s finest British Chinese Kickboxing Association martial artists were crowned as the Overall Schools Grand Champions for the second year running at the Boston European Martial Arts Association Championship.
BCKA kickboxing, who have clubs in various places including Whittlesey, Wisbech, March, Chatteris, Ramsey and Ely, finished 600 points clear of Pride UK to clinch the title.
Many fighters, including Kris Leuridan, tasted personal glory at the event where fighters competed against martial artists from other disciplines.
Andy Whitwell, BCKA executive instructor, said: “It was a great display from some great fighters and they are a credit to our clubs and the BCKA style.
“I’d encourage anyone to join one of our clubs as it’s not all about competing. It’s sociable, fun, good for fitness and excellent for learning self-defence.”
You may also want to watch:
The BCKA are offering a four-week beginner course for �30. This includes a life membership, uniform and all sessions are pay as you train at any of their clubs.
For further details contact Andy Whitwell, fourth degree black belt, on 07969792286.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton