Fenland’s finest Chinese kickboxing martial artists taste glory at Boston event
FENLAND’s finest British Chinese Kickboxing Association martial artists were crowned as the Overall Schools Grand Champions for the second year running at the Boston European Martial Arts Association Championship.
BCKA kickboxing, who have clubs in various places including Whittlesey, Wisbech, March, Chatteris, Ramsey and Ely, finished 600 points clear of Pride UK to clinch the title.
Many fighters, including Kris Leuridan, tasted personal glory at the event where fighters competed against martial artists from other disciplines.
Andy Whitwell, BCKA executive instructor, said: “It was a great display from some great fighters and they are a credit to our clubs and the BCKA style.
“I’d encourage anyone to join one of our clubs as it’s not all about competing. It’s sociable, fun, good for fitness and excellent for learning self-defence.”
You may also want to watch:
The BCKA are offering a four-week beginner course for �30. This includes a life membership, uniform and all sessions are pay as you train at any of their clubs.
For further details contact Andy Whitwell, fourth degree black belt, on 07969792286.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack