Fenland’s finest fighters set to meet their rivals at Chatteris boxing event
FENLAND’S finest fighters will take on their rivals from Staffordshire next month, as Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club hosts a special show at Cromwell Community College.
The event, billed as “Fenland’s Finest vs Staffordshire’s Best”, will see Chatteris fighters Dean Baxter, Percy Baxter, Jordan Tilsley, Richard Calanunan and Jordan Gill joined in the ring by other fighters from across Fenland.
Tickets are now available for the dinner show at Cromwell Community College, Chatteris, on November 13.
They are priced at �10 for the boxing only or �30 for a meal and boxing.
Club owner Paul Gill said: “It’s good to give the support to your local Fenland fighters. That is how they end up competing in events like the Commonwealth Games - all these boxers deserve out support.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a fantastic event with some of the best fighters in the area. We train very hard like all the clubs do.
“It’s not just about the boxing side of things. Our club have done litter picking, helped at community groups and we are affiliated with the British Legion. We don’t just make them better boxers but better citizens.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
For tickets call Matty Payne on 01354 693630.