Fenland’s kick boxers defeat challengers from all over the country to secure impressive title haul
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND’S kick boxers were on fire at the Peterborough Series on Sunday.
They helped Peterborough BCKA dominate the tournament and put them in line to be named as this year’s champion club.
Edward Paddock, 11, of Whittlesey, triumphed in two separate categories and picked up a bronze in a third.
Charlotte Cameron, 13, of Wisbech, and March’s Freya Molloy, 13, also picked up two titles, but Chelsea Munday, 16, of Wisbech, had to settle for silver.
Eight year old Braydon Evans, of Whittlesey, won two titles, and Jazmyn Evans, 10, picked up one championship.
Wisbech’s Lauren Dixon, 13, also claimed a bronze.
In the adult section, Scott Wesley, 27, of Whittlesey, was a double champion.
- 1 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 8 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
March’s Aaron Godden, 38, also enjoyed championship glory.
Whittlesey’s Grant Brown, 20, was a three-time champion, while Courtney Brown, 17, of Whittlesey, picked up a silver medal.
Andy Whitwell, chief instructor, said: “I took our fighting team to this event to compete against some of the best fighters in the area and the country.
“They did me and BCKA proud, putting up very impressive performances in every category entered.
“This team goes from strength to strength, they all train so hard together that the future of these talented fighters looks very bright, if they don’t let success go to their heads and keep their feet on the ground.”
The team will hope to maintain its impressive form when they travel to the Northampton Open in Wellingborough this weekend.