Fenland’s kickboxers dominate at WKC World Championships
- Credit: Archant
Fenland’s fighters have returned from the WKC World Championships in Italy with a remarkable medal haul.
Courtney Brown, of Whittlesey, claimed gold in the 16-17 years light continuous category and bronzes in the points category and the under 70kg section.
Wisbech’s Charlotte Cameron picked up silver in the 12 years and under over-50kg and bronze in the points fighting.
Freya Molloy, of March, claimed a silver in the 12 years and under under-50kg and bronze in the points fighting.
Edward Paddock, of Whittlesey, grabbed silver in the 12 years and under under-40kg light continuous and bronze in the team boys event.
You may also want to watch:
There were bronze medals for Whittlesey’s Grant Brown in the men’s team section and for Aaron Godden, of March, in the men’s over 35 category.
Andy Whitwell, Peterborough BCKA’s senior executive instructor, said: “These six fighters trained extremely hard for this event and embarked on an eight week intensive training schedule to fine tune their skills with the England squad at the BCKA head quarters in Corby.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
“I am extremely proud of the single minded mentality of each of these fighters to prepare themselves, giving themselves the best possible chance of success.
Whitwell predicts more success for his fighters when they compete at the Irish Open in February.
He said: “I predict Peterborough BCKA will have a few new faces on the world stage with Chelsea Munday and Leon Gold looking sharp and ready to rumble.”
For more information about Peterborough BCKA call Andy on 07969 792286 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org