Fenland’s kickboxers have world championships in sight
- Credit: Archant
Fenland’s kickboxers are ready and raring to go with the world championships less than two weeks away.
Peterborough BCKA fighters Charlotte Cameron, Courtney Brown, Grant Brown, Aaron Godden, Freya Molloy and Edward Paddock will represent England at the World Karate & Kickboxing Council World Championships in Italy, which starts on October 14.
Grant Brown, Paddock and Molloy warmed up for the competition by winning British titles at the FSK British Championships last Sunday.
Andy Whitwell, BCKA chief instructor, said: “The fighters are training extremely hard and I believe that, if they keep calm and focused, they all have the potential to become world champions.
“I am very proud of all of my fighters and we are now looking for new starters to learn from our squad and maybe go on to become world champions too.
You may also want to watch:
“Although I can’t travel with them to Italy this time, I will going to the Irish Open in February when they next fight at international level.”
Another fighter who may have been part of the squad had she attended the world championships trials is Chelsea Munday, who has since joined up with the England team.
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 9 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 10 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
Whitwell said: “Chelsea is a great fighter who is getting stronger by the week.
“I believe she would have made the team had she attended the trials.
“I tip her to become one of the forces in ladies martial arts in England.
“She trains as hard as any member I have and is a pleasure to work with.”
Peterborough BCKA is looking for new fighters. For more information call Andy Whitwell on 07969792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk