Fenland’s most talented stock car and banger racing drivers motor to awards night success
WITH the stock car and banger racing season just a couple of weeks away the area’s most talented drivers received awards for their performances last year.
Ivan Street from Chatteris was presented a special merit award in a season where an astonishing six of the top eight drivers in the national points standing came from the Wisbech area.
They were Todd Shales (Wisbech), Richard Hampshire (Elm), John Moat (Wisbech), Roy Gedge (Leverington), Dean Moat and Lee Farell (both Wisbech).
Jonny Pearce from Wisbech was crowned Newcomer of the Year, while Farrell was crowned Most Improved Driver and Shales the prestigious Drivers’ Driver of the Year award.
Fenland’s female racers also shone last year as Caroline Garner (Wisbech), Terri Mace (Wisbech St Mary) and Trudy Gowler (Wisbech) finished in the top four of the drivers standings. Unfortunately, just like their male counterparts none could finish in first place.
You may also want to watch:
Natasha Street (Chatteris) and Alicia Greenslade (Wisbech) both received merit awards and picked up two of the evening’s big prizes. Street was crowned Drivers’ Driver of the Year and Greenslade Newcomer of the Year.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down