Fenland’s most talented stock car and banger racing drivers motor to awards night success
WITH the stock car and banger racing season just a couple of weeks away the area’s most talented drivers received awards for their performances last year.
Ivan Street from Chatteris was presented a special merit award in a season where an astonishing six of the top eight drivers in the national points standing came from the Wisbech area.
They were Todd Shales (Wisbech), Richard Hampshire (Elm), John Moat (Wisbech), Roy Gedge (Leverington), Dean Moat and Lee Farell (both Wisbech).
Jonny Pearce from Wisbech was crowned Newcomer of the Year, while Farrell was crowned Most Improved Driver and Shales the prestigious Drivers’ Driver of the Year award.
Fenland’s female racers also shone last year as Caroline Garner (Wisbech), Terri Mace (Wisbech St Mary) and Trudy Gowler (Wisbech) finished in the top four of the drivers standings. Unfortunately, just like their male counterparts none could finish in first place.
You may also want to watch:
Natasha Street (Chatteris) and Alicia Greenslade (Wisbech) both received merit awards and picked up two of the evening’s big prizes. Street was crowned Drivers’ Driver of the Year and Greenslade Newcomer of the Year.
- 1 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 2 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden