Fenland’s most talented stock car and banger racing drivers motor to awards night success
WITH the stock car and banger racing season just a couple of weeks away the area’s most talented drivers received awards for their performances last year.
Ivan Street from Chatteris was presented a special merit award in a season where an astonishing six of the top eight drivers in the national points standing came from the Wisbech area.
They were Todd Shales (Wisbech), Richard Hampshire (Elm), John Moat (Wisbech), Roy Gedge (Leverington), Dean Moat and Lee Farell (both Wisbech).
Jonny Pearce from Wisbech was crowned Newcomer of the Year, while Farrell was crowned Most Improved Driver and Shales the prestigious Drivers’ Driver of the Year award.
Fenland’s female racers also shone last year as Caroline Garner (Wisbech), Terri Mace (Wisbech St Mary) and Trudy Gowler (Wisbech) finished in the top four of the drivers standings. Unfortunately, just like their male counterparts none could finish in first place.
You may also want to watch:
Natasha Street (Chatteris) and Alicia Greenslade (Wisbech) both received merit awards and picked up two of the evening’s big prizes. Street was crowned Drivers’ Driver of the Year and Greenslade Newcomer of the Year.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager