Fenland’s runners put in impressive showing at Great East Anglian Run
A HOST of Fenland runners took to the streets of King’s Lynn to tackle the 10k Road Race at the Bespak Great East Anglian Run on Sunday.
Jack Trow led the way for Fenland Running Club, who claimed the second largest club entry by putting forward 35 members for the race.
Trow finished second in the Junior Men category, finishing 22nd overall in a time of 35 minutes 51 seconds. He also bagged the trophy and cash prize for the first Fenland runner home.
In the team results, Fenland Running Club took first place in the mens’ team trophy, while the ladies finished runners-up.
Also among the 1,478 finishers were seven March Athletic Club runners. First home for March was Joe Bradshaw, who finished 42nd overall in a time of 38 minutes 12 seconds.
Melissa Neal was first lady home for the club in a time of 39 minutes 42 seconds, securing 65th place overall.
Gena Jackman claimed second place in the Vet Ladies 70+ category, finishing in 62 minutes and 45 seconds.
- 1 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 2 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 3 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 4 Man who died in A141 crash named
- 5 The highlights of the 2022 Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 8 Missing Peterborough 26-year-old found 'alive and well'
- 9 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
Fenland Running Club
22nd Jack Trow 35.51; 23rd Robin Parker 35.56; 49th Justin Kinsey 38.35; 60th Sean Connolly 39.35; 68th Rebecca Cousins 39.49; 74th Chris Roach 40.07; 82nd Tim Chapman 40.32; 113th Richard Dix 41.40; 126th Aaron Parker 42.14; 140th Andre Pittock 42.14; 147th Andrew Osborne-Smith 43.02; 166th David Webster 43.24; 167th Trudy Sayell 43.30; 194th Dan Wate 44.25; 223rd Keith White 45.05; 296th Andrew McShane 46.56; 313th Ann Trett 47.17; 330th Dave Hood 47.45; 343rd Sarah Hern 47.52; 346th Kevin Vaughan 48.07; 358th John Chapman 48.15; 390th Adam Oakes 49.04; 439th Keith White 49.44; 447th Adam Chown 50.00; 595th Richard Hammond 51.57; 652nd Donna Bailey 53.11; 653rd Hilary Allen 53.31; 720th Cheryl Chapman 54.06; 767th Ellen Drew-Peck 55.02; 792nd Jane Greenwood 55.32; 909th Brian Kett 57.19; 990th Simon Holmes 58.51; 991st Ian Milburn 58.52; 1071st Laura Arnold 1.00.37; 1070th Julie Garner 1.00.52.
42nd Joe Bradshaw 38.12; 104th Wayne Stimson 41.29; 1016th Keith Saward 59.18; Gena Jackman 1,151st 1.02.45; Tony Whibley 1,299th 1.07.47; Peter Jackman 1,451st 1.28.09.