Fenland’s young swimmers smash personal bests in successful competitions
YOUNG swimmers from March recorded 26 new personal bests on their way to winning back the Fenland League C Title for the first time in a decade.
The March Marlins grabbed 13 first places, 15 second places and ten third places on their way to fighting off competition from local rivals Huntingdon who finished in second place.
The talented swimmers were in fantastic form with many of them smashing their personal bests. James Vardon led the way with a hat-trick of best times.
March Marlin Adam Lifshack also competed against 55 clubs from across the UK at Ponds Forge in Sheffield. He put in strong performances throughout, smashing his personal best in the 100m Breastroke by three seconds.
The Fenland Flyers - a team of swimmers from Wisbech, March and Chatteris - have also enjoyed recent success, finishing second in a meeting of the National Arena League.
The team all performed well recording a series of impressive wins in different races.
Standout performers included Jo Pearce, who won her 100m Breastroke and gained an impressive second place in the Ladies 100m Open, and Mark Thorpe, who won his Mens 100m Open.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 4 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 5 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 6 A141 crash involves recycling lorry
- 7 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 8 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 9 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
If anyone is interested in joing Fenland’s swimming teams please call 07920194419.