Fenland’s young swimmers smash personal bests in successful competitions
YOUNG swimmers from March recorded 26 new personal bests on their way to winning back the Fenland League C Title for the first time in a decade.
The March Marlins grabbed 13 first places, 15 second places and ten third places on their way to fighting off competition from local rivals Huntingdon who finished in second place.
The talented swimmers were in fantastic form with many of them smashing their personal bests. James Vardon led the way with a hat-trick of best times.
March Marlin Adam Lifshack also competed against 55 clubs from across the UK at Ponds Forge in Sheffield. He put in strong performances throughout, smashing his personal best in the 100m Breastroke by three seconds.
The Fenland Flyers - a team of swimmers from Wisbech, March and Chatteris - have also enjoyed recent success, finishing second in a meeting of the National Arena League.
You may also want to watch:
The team all performed well recording a series of impressive wins in different races.
Standout performers included Jo Pearce, who won her 100m Breastroke and gained an impressive second place in the Ladies 100m Open, and Mark Thorpe, who won his Mens 100m Open.
- 1 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 2 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 3 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 9 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 10 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
If anyone is interested in joing Fenland’s swimming teams please call 07920194419.