Fenland’s young swimmers smash personal bests in successful competitions
YOUNG swimmers from March recorded 26 new personal bests on their way to winning back the Fenland League C Title for the first time in a decade.
The March Marlins grabbed 13 first places, 15 second places and ten third places on their way to fighting off competition from local rivals Huntingdon who finished in second place.
The talented swimmers were in fantastic form with many of them smashing their personal bests. James Vardon led the way with a hat-trick of best times.
March Marlin Adam Lifshack also competed against 55 clubs from across the UK at Ponds Forge in Sheffield. He put in strong performances throughout, smashing his personal best in the 100m Breastroke by three seconds.
The Fenland Flyers - a team of swimmers from Wisbech, March and Chatteris - have also enjoyed recent success, finishing second in a meeting of the National Arena League.
You may also want to watch:
The team all performed well recording a series of impressive wins in different races.
Standout performers included Jo Pearce, who won her 100m Breastroke and gained an impressive second place in the Ladies 100m Open, and Mark Thorpe, who won his Mens 100m Open.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
If anyone is interested in joing Fenland’s swimming teams please call 07920194419.