Fenland set for cycling invasion as 5,000 riders sign up for first Tour of Cambridgeshire gran fondo
- Credit: Archant
Five thousand riders have signed up for the first running of the Tour of Cambridgeshire gran fondo.
As well as riders from the UK and Ireland, entries have come in from the USA, Russia and Hong Kong.
The event, which includes a UCI World Cycling Tour time trial, takes place on June 6-7. It is made up of a 17-mile (28km) time trial on June 6, with a 78-mile (126km) gran fondo on June 7.
There is a prize for the fastest rider – £1500 for both the fastest male and female participants over the weekend.
Organiser Vericool Sports Management has 10,000 places available for Sunday’s ride, although the time trial is full to capacity after selling out its 700 places in less than a week.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the event, and online entry, visit www.tourofcambridgeshire.com.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car