Fenland Tae Kwon-Do stars ‘incredibly honoured’ to train with Grand Master Rhee Ki Ha
MARTIAL arts stars from Fenland were honoured to train with Rhee Ki Ha - one of the twelve original masters of Tae Kwon-Do.
Grand Master Rhee, who is known as the “Father of British Tae Kwon-Do”, emigrated to the UK from South Korea in 1967 and went on to found the UK Tae Kwon-Do Association.
Nine students of the Carter School of Tae Kwon-Do visited Newmarket to train with the legendary martial arts ace last weekend.
Fifth Dan international instructor and examiner Anthony Carter, who has been teaching Tae Kwon-Do in Wisbech for 18 years, was one of the visitors.
He said: “With all my years of experience this was up there with the best of them. I felt incredibly honoured that Grand Master Rhee could spare us the time, and give us an opportunity to hone our skills even further.”
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Murat, former chairman of Wisbech Youth Council, was another student to enjoy the special training session.
He said: “I am very grateful that Mr Carter gave me this opportunity. It is a rare experience for even the most seasoned Tae Kwon-do martial artists to have a chance like this, and I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
“I will be doing my third Dan pre-grading soon, and I picked up many hints and tips on how to improve my technique which will stand me in good stead.”
For more information on the Carter School of Tae Kwon-Do visit: carterschooloftaekwondo.com