Fenland Tae Kwon-Do stars ‘incredibly honoured’ to train with Grand Master Rhee Ki Ha
MARTIAL arts stars from Fenland were honoured to train with Rhee Ki Ha - one of the twelve original masters of Tae Kwon-Do.
Grand Master Rhee, who is known as the “Father of British Tae Kwon-Do”, emigrated to the UK from South Korea in 1967 and went on to found the UK Tae Kwon-Do Association.
Nine students of the Carter School of Tae Kwon-Do visited Newmarket to train with the legendary martial arts ace last weekend.
Fifth Dan international instructor and examiner Anthony Carter, who has been teaching Tae Kwon-Do in Wisbech for 18 years, was one of the visitors.
He said: “With all my years of experience this was up there with the best of them. I felt incredibly honoured that Grand Master Rhee could spare us the time, and give us an opportunity to hone our skills even further.”
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Murat, former chairman of Wisbech Youth Council, was another student to enjoy the special training session.
He said: “I am very grateful that Mr Carter gave me this opportunity. It is a rare experience for even the most seasoned Tae Kwon-do martial artists to have a chance like this, and I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
“I will be doing my third Dan pre-grading soon, and I picked up many hints and tips on how to improve my technique which will stand me in good stead.”
For more information on the Carter School of Tae Kwon-Do visit: carterschooloftaekwondo.com