Cricket: Fenland Trophy League hail prize guys
- Credit: Archant
Awards were handed out at the Fenland Trophy Cricket League AGM recently.
Wisbech’s Lewis Jackson took the yougn player of the year award, with clubmate Josh Porter picking up the cup final man of the match prize.
And March’s Sam Mason was named bowler of the year, while Kirpal Singh (Khalsa) took the batsman of the year award.
March 2nd XI were crowned champions of the league, sponsored by the BBK Partnership, while Wisbech 2nd XI lifted the Ernie Wool Cup silverware.
Warboys/St Ives and Sutton were invited to join the league, with Witcham invited to join the cup competition.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Pat Ringham and secretary/treasurer Les Mills gave their reports, as did member clubs, and a rule change was agreed that will see a new fielding restriction imposed of four players plus the bowler and wicketkeeper within 30 yards at the time of delivery.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region