Cricket: Fenland Trophy League hail prize guys
- Credit: Archant
Awards were handed out at the Fenland Trophy Cricket League AGM recently.
Wisbech’s Lewis Jackson took the yougn player of the year award, with clubmate Josh Porter picking up the cup final man of the match prize.
And March’s Sam Mason was named bowler of the year, while Kirpal Singh (Khalsa) took the batsman of the year award.
March 2nd XI were crowned champions of the league, sponsored by the BBK Partnership, while Wisbech 2nd XI lifted the Ernie Wool Cup silverware.
Warboys/St Ives and Sutton were invited to join the league, with Witcham invited to join the cup competition.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Pat Ringham and secretary/treasurer Les Mills gave their reports, as did member clubs, and a rule change was agreed that will see a new fielding restriction imposed of four players plus the bowler and wicketkeeper within 30 yards at the time of delivery.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land