Cricket: Fenland Trophy League hail prize guys
- Credit: Archant
Awards were handed out at the Fenland Trophy Cricket League AGM recently.
Wisbech’s Lewis Jackson took the yougn player of the year award, with clubmate Josh Porter picking up the cup final man of the match prize.
And March’s Sam Mason was named bowler of the year, while Kirpal Singh (Khalsa) took the batsman of the year award.
March 2nd XI were crowned champions of the league, sponsored by the BBK Partnership, while Wisbech 2nd XI lifted the Ernie Wool Cup silverware.
Warboys/St Ives and Sutton were invited to join the league, with Witcham invited to join the cup competition.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Pat Ringham and secretary/treasurer Les Mills gave their reports, as did member clubs, and a rule change was agreed that will see a new fielding restriction imposed of four players plus the bowler and wicketkeeper within 30 yards at the time of delivery.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs