Fenmen hope Tom can strike it lucky
BAD boy striker Tom Gosling has signed for Wisbech Town. But former Wisbech frontman Liam Nimmo has snubbed the club and a move to bring in his namesake Ian Nimmo on loan from Tiptree has also broken down. Boss Roy McManus had been deep in talks with Lia
BAD boy striker Tom Gosling has signed for Wisbech Town.
But former Wisbech frontman Liam Nimmo has snubbed the club and a move to bring in his namesake Ian Nimmo on loan from Tiptree has also broken down.
Boss Roy McManus had been deep in talks with Liam Nimmo, but the striker opted to stay with Holbeach United.
A move to bring in unrelated midfielder Ian Nimmo, 19, from Ridgeons First Division leaders Tiptree United on loan fell through because it was decided the Fenmen would be unable to pay his wages.
You may also want to watch:
Former Spalding and Holbeach striker Gosling, 22, has joined from Peterborough League side Pinchbeck.
The player has built up a reputation as a bad boy after receiving several red cards for indiscipline but McManus is unconcerned.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
He said: "He's had some disciplinary problems at his old clubs and he's suspended at the moment so he won't be available for Saturday. But I've spoken to the lad a couple of times and he seemed to be very level headed and he has a good attitude.
"I've been tracking him for a while and spoken to a couple of managers about him. They've told me what a talent he and said that if I can control him he'll do very well for us.
"He's a strong, stocky lad and a great finisher - he'll be a handful for any defence in our league.
"He's actually been keeping fit while he's been suspended by playing rugby for Spalding and he's been getting in their first team. That should give people an idea of what sort of footballer he is.
"We've missed a one-on-one in each of our last two matches so this is exactly the sort of player we need."
Gosling has started training with the Wisbech squad and is expected to make his debut in a league match at Stanway Rovers on November 10.