Fenner stars for March AC while Fenland Running Club have best team performance at Friendly Frostbite League
- Credit: Archant
Young March AC runner Luke Fenner produced another outstanding performance to come second out of almost 200 runners in the junior race at the Friendly Frostbite League in Bourne woods.
In the seniors, March AC cemented their fifth place position with another good team effort. First home, out of 365 runners, was Mick Stacey in 34th.
Junior times: Luke Fenner 10:15 (2nd), Sean Stacey 13:27, Alfie McIntyre 13:38, Luke Gardner 13:52, Liam Lambert 15:05, Megan Stacey 15:18, Sophie Fenner 15:28 and Alex Cartwright 22:21.
Senior times: Mick Stacey 33:53, Simon Oldfield 34:01, Simon Render 37:12, Debra Wait 37:18, Karen Patterson 37:35, Mark Salmons 38:12, Geraldine Larham 38:17, Kevin Barnes 39:14, Chris Lawrence 43:56, Malcolm Hunt 46:17, Barry Freeman 50:25, Tina Lambert 50:33 and Dawn Veal 50:34.
Twenty three Fenland Running Club members also took part in the race.
You may also want to watch:
First home was Stuart Follen in 69th place. The team finished 10th, their best result to date, but not enough to raise them from 13th overall.
Full results: Stuart Follen 69th 35.35; Tim Chapman 75th 36.00; Dan Wate 77th 36.16; Colin Simpson 86th 36.47; John Chapman 109th 38.02; Tom Richards 110th 38.03; Clive Harrod 135th 39.00; Rod Sinnott 151st 39.00; Maire Irlam 162nd 40.10; John Shaw 163rd 40.14; Sarah Gauvin 178th; 41.23; Ian Milburn 183rd 41.33; Alan Bird 188th 41.42; Nicky Jennings 191st 41.51; Paul Weigand 212th 42.44; Ian King 222nd 43.34; Ann Trett 255th 44.58; Adam Chown 262nd 45.29; Jac Richards 315th 51.48; Larissa Follen 316th 51.51; Stephen Brunton 339th 55.28; Cheryl Chapman 344th 56.16; Jane Greenwood 345th 56.16.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 7 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road