Fifteen Fenland runners tackle 30k course as preparations for Flora London Marathon continue
FIFTEEN runners stepped-up their preparations for this year’s Flora London Marathon as they completed the Stamford Striders’ St Valentine 30k race on Sunday.
The course is recognised nationally as a tough one to tackle with hills galore but 632 runners completed the race.
Andrew Larham of March Athletic Club crossed the line in 98th place in a time of two hours 12.09 minutes. He finished around three minutes ahead of the first Fenland Running Club member to cross the line, Richard Dix, in 117th place.
Frances Cooke was the only March AC lady to compete in the event and finished in 268th place with a time of two hours 29.08 minutes. She finished ahead of the first Fenland female to cross line, Melanie Murdoch, who set a personal best time of two hours 32.41 minutes to finish in 303rd place.
You may also want to watch:
March AC: Andrew Larham, 98th, 2.12.09; Adrian Snook, 202nd, 2.23.47; Frances Cooke, 268th, 2.29.08; Stephen Cowell, 587th, 3.19.21; Pat Brown, 612th, 3.36.33.
Fenland: Richard Dix, 117th, 2.15.33; Paul Wiegand, 161st, 2.20.30; Andre Pittock, 205th, 2.22.14; Daniel Wate, 289th, 2.31.09; Sean Connolly, 293rd, 2.31.34; Melanie Murdoch, 303rd, 2.32.41; Darren Jackson, 304th, 2.32.44; Adam Oakes, 479th, 2.55.11; Tracy Veenendaal, 603rd, 3.30.25; Julie Garner, 604th, 3.30.26.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash