Fifteen Fenland runners tackle 30k course as preparations for Flora London Marathon continue
FIFTEEN runners stepped-up their preparations for this year’s Flora London Marathon as they completed the Stamford Striders’ St Valentine 30k race on Sunday.
The course is recognised nationally as a tough one to tackle with hills galore but 632 runners completed the race.
Andrew Larham of March Athletic Club crossed the line in 98th place in a time of two hours 12.09 minutes. He finished around three minutes ahead of the first Fenland Running Club member to cross the line, Richard Dix, in 117th place.
Frances Cooke was the only March AC lady to compete in the event and finished in 268th place with a time of two hours 29.08 minutes. She finished ahead of the first Fenland female to cross line, Melanie Murdoch, who set a personal best time of two hours 32.41 minutes to finish in 303rd place.
You may also want to watch:
March AC: Andrew Larham, 98th, 2.12.09; Adrian Snook, 202nd, 2.23.47; Frances Cooke, 268th, 2.29.08; Stephen Cowell, 587th, 3.19.21; Pat Brown, 612th, 3.36.33.
Fenland: Richard Dix, 117th, 2.15.33; Paul Wiegand, 161st, 2.20.30; Andre Pittock, 205th, 2.22.14; Daniel Wate, 289th, 2.31.09; Sean Connolly, 293rd, 2.31.34; Melanie Murdoch, 303rd, 2.32.41; Darren Jackson, 304th, 2.32.44; Adam Oakes, 479th, 2.55.11; Tracy Veenendaal, 603rd, 3.30.25; Julie Garner, 604th, 3.30.26.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed