Fighting fit: Jordan Gill warms up for monumental March bout by sparring with British champion Burnett
- Credit: Archant
Undefeated Chatteris fighter, Jordan Gill, has been preparing for his upcoming fight by sparring with British champion, Ryan Burnett.
‘The Thrill’, 21, aims to extend his unbeaten record to 16 wins on March 26 on the under-card of world champion, Kell Brook, in front of 10,000 people at Sheffield’s Motorpoint Arena.
Jordan said: “My opponent is being finalised as we speak; its going to be a tough fight, hopefully over eight or 10 rounds. Preparations have been going great - I’ve been main sparring partner to Ryan Burnett down in London which has been quality practice.
“The support I’ve received locally for this fight has been incredible and we’ve already sold hundreds of tickets”
Burnett, who is trained by Adam Booth, former trainer of David Haye and George Groves, has spoken highly of Jordan and believes he is destined for big things in the sport of boxing.
You may also want to watch:
Burnett fights for the WBC International title of the Quigg-Frampton card on Sky Sports PPV on next Saturday night (27).
Limited tickets are still available for Gill’s big fight, and are available from the Gills on 01354 695211 or can be booked online at www.jordangill.com/shop.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 4 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Couple's puzzle library raises £2,000 for foodbank
- 10 Elections 2021: Polling Day across Cambridgeshire
Specially organised coaches will transport Gill’s fans to and from Sheffield from Chatteris on the 26th.