Fighting fit: Jordan Gill warms up for monumental March bout by sparring with British champion Burnett
- Credit: Archant
Undefeated Chatteris fighter, Jordan Gill, has been preparing for his upcoming fight by sparring with British champion, Ryan Burnett.
‘The Thrill’, 21, aims to extend his unbeaten record to 16 wins on March 26 on the under-card of world champion, Kell Brook, in front of 10,000 people at Sheffield’s Motorpoint Arena.
Jordan said: “My opponent is being finalised as we speak; its going to be a tough fight, hopefully over eight or 10 rounds. Preparations have been going great - I’ve been main sparring partner to Ryan Burnett down in London which has been quality practice.
“The support I’ve received locally for this fight has been incredible and we’ve already sold hundreds of tickets”
Burnett, who is trained by Adam Booth, former trainer of David Haye and George Groves, has spoken highly of Jordan and believes he is destined for big things in the sport of boxing.
You may also want to watch:
Burnett fights for the WBC International title of the Quigg-Frampton card on Sky Sports PPV on next Saturday night (27).
Limited tickets are still available for Gill’s big fight, and are available from the Gills on 01354 695211 or can be booked online at www.jordangill.com/shop.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
Specially organised coaches will transport Gill’s fans to and from Sheffield from Chatteris on the 26th.