First team crush Ipswich 4-0 and reserves win in inspired weekend for March Town United
MARCH’S football teams enjoyed an inspired weekend with the senior side crushing Ipswich Wanderers 4-0 while the reserves beat Cottenham Reserves 1-0.
The Hares bounced back from a disappointing loss to league leaders Cambridge University Press by thumping their mid-table Ipswich rivals.
March took an early lead when good play from Ash Brand and Denny Escorcio released Juliano Gomez De Menezes to fire home.
Escorcio himself doubled the Hares’ lead just after half time and an own goal made it 3-0.
The win was sealed by Stuart Anderson who beat two defenders before rounding the keeper and slotting into the net.
You may also want to watch:
The first team’s fantastic display was followed by the second string who kept the pressure on their title rivals with a 1-0 win.
Phil Kowbas got the winner for the reserves who now sit in joint top place of the Cambs BIS League Division 1B.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years