First team crush Ipswich 4-0 and reserves win in inspired weekend for March Town United
MARCH’S football teams enjoyed an inspired weekend with the senior side crushing Ipswich Wanderers 4-0 while the reserves beat Cottenham Reserves 1-0.
The Hares bounced back from a disappointing loss to league leaders Cambridge University Press by thumping their mid-table Ipswich rivals.
March took an early lead when good play from Ash Brand and Denny Escorcio released Juliano Gomez De Menezes to fire home.
Escorcio himself doubled the Hares’ lead just after half time and an own goal made it 3-0.
The win was sealed by Stuart Anderson who beat two defenders before rounding the keeper and slotting into the net.
You may also want to watch:
The first team’s fantastic display was followed by the second string who kept the pressure on their title rivals with a 1-0 win.
Phil Kowbas got the winner for the reserves who now sit in joint top place of the Cambs BIS League Division 1B.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal