First team crush Ipswich 4-0 and reserves win in inspired weekend for March Town United
MARCH’S football teams enjoyed an inspired weekend with the senior side crushing Ipswich Wanderers 4-0 while the reserves beat Cottenham Reserves 1-0.
The Hares bounced back from a disappointing loss to league leaders Cambridge University Press by thumping their mid-table Ipswich rivals.
March took an early lead when good play from Ash Brand and Denny Escorcio released Juliano Gomez De Menezes to fire home.
Escorcio himself doubled the Hares’ lead just after half time and an own goal made it 3-0.
The win was sealed by Stuart Anderson who beat two defenders before rounding the keeper and slotting into the net.
You may also want to watch:
The first team’s fantastic display was followed by the second string who kept the pressure on their title rivals with a 1-0 win.
Phil Kowbas got the winner for the reserves who now sit in joint top place of the Cambs BIS League Division 1B.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre