First time success for March Athletics Club runners
- Credit: Archant
March Athletics Club members were in double marathon action over the weekend – with runners taking part in the Brighton and Black Dog marathon.
Runners from the club – including three first-time marathon runners – took the long trip down to the south coast on Sunday, with Suzanne Orr completing the race in five hours, 49 minutes and 38 seconds.
Tina Lambert, Nina Markillie and Sarah Westbrooke completed their first ever 26.2 milers after hours of gruelling training.
On the same day, members ran a little closer to home – in Bungay – in the Black Dog marathon.
Two members bagged personal best times, with Phil Beldom crossing the line in four hours and four seconds and Michelle Seward finishing in a time of four hours, 17 minutes and eight seconds.
You may also want to watch:
The March club also had runners out in force at the Tulip 10k. Harry Littlemore turned in an impressive time of 47 minutes and 47 seconds, while Mark Oakerbee ran to a personal best time of 52 minutes and 31 seconds.
Fay Scrivener finished in a time of 54 minutes and 43 seconds, whilst in Derby, Melissa Neal was also running a 10k, crossing the line in a time of 38 minutes and 38 seconds.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal