Five days of fun at Harecroft Road: Wisbech to host seventh Junior Community Cricket Week
THE next generation of Fenland’s cricket stars will descend on Wisbech Town Cricket Club for their seventh Junior Community Cricket Week.
Youngsters will showcase their batting, bowling and fielding skills at Harecroft Road from August 13-17 - but there are only a few days left to book your place.
The week will kick off with a three-day cricket academy, run by qualified coaches, for boys and girls aged 7-16. The academy will include a series of games and competitions, with all participants receiving a goody bag.
Wisbech’s version of the IPL - the Indoor Premier League - will take place at Thomas Clarkson Community College on the Thursday with youth teams “bidding” for their players.
There will also be a series of evening games, with Dads v Lads, Mums v Lads and Wisbech Under-15s v March Under-15s. The Wisbech and March first teams will clash on the Thursday in a Twenty20 fixture.
You may also want to watch:
The week will conclude with more youth matches on the Friday before a presentation evening and disco.
The three-day cricket academy is priced at �30 for members (�12 per day) or �35 for non-members (�14 per day). The matches on the Thursday and Friday will be �5 per player.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
For more information and to book your place contact the club’s youth development officer Dom Stannard on 07763879153 or email@example.com before August 1.