Five-goal wins see leaders stay ahead
THERE was no change at the top of the Soccersixes Wisbech Standard Thursday Premier League after both of the top two sides won by five goals. Leaders, Fake Madrid stormed home 6-1 against new boys, All Whites, while second placed Wisbech Town Exiles had a
THERE was no change at the top of the Soccersixes Wisbech Standard Thursday Premier League after both of the top two sides won by five goals.
Leaders, Fake Madrid stormed home 6-1 against new boys, All Whites, while second placed Wisbech Town Exiles had an easy 5-0 victory to remain just one point adrift of the top.
There was a change below the top two however, as Woolpack put up an good display to dislodge their opponents, Piffins Bridge, from third spot.
Fenland Giants and Fleet were involved in two cracking encounters which saw them both move up the table. Giants squeezed home in a seven-goal thriller against Evolution as did Fleet in their five-goal battle with Samba Boys.
Likely Lads were in fine form but had to come from behind to beat Buyer Neverlosin 5-2.
The biggest shock of the night, and of the season so far, was the defeat of Division One leaders, Wis Wanderers by Mixed Ability. Ability were in unstoppable form and raced home 8-1.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
Bits And Bobs took full advantage of Wanderers' demise by storming to the top of the table after beating Wisbech Wanderers 5-2.