Fantastic five from March Marlins Swimming Club head to regionals
- Credit: Archant
Five members of the March Marlin Swimming Club qualified for the Regional Championships this year which was held over two different weekends at Norwich and Luton.
Firstly, Dannii Rayner competed at Norwich placing 7th in her 200m breaststroke race, 5th in the 400m Individual Medley and taking on both the 100m and 200m backstroke events.
In the later two races, Dannii went on to qualify for the finals taking sixth position in the 100m and a fantastic second placing in the 200m backstroke, taking home a silver medal.
Next, Thomas Hanley, Reece Simpson, Jacob Cowin and Chloe Cook travelled to Luton 50m pool to compete after qualifying for 22 races between them.
Making his debut at this competiton, Simpson, gained long course personal best times in all his races which saw him head to the finals in three events.
You may also want to watch:
Reece came 4th in his 50m butterfly heat with a 5th placing in the exciting final. Reece took 8th in his 200m Individual Medley race then 6th in the finals and 8th in the gruelling 100m butterfly concluding with a 7th position in the final race.
Other age group rankings for Simpson were 9th in the 50m freestyle, 12th in the 100m breaststroke, 23rd in the 100m freestyle, 13th in the 50m breaststroke, 27th in the 50m backstroke and 21st in the 200m freestyle.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Chloe Cook also succeeded in taking all long course personal best times for her races ranking 18th in the 200m butterfly, 27th in the 100m breaststroke and 19th in the 200m breaststroke.
Thomas Hanley added to the long course personal best success in all of his races. Narrowly missing the final, Hanley positioned 10th in his age group for the 200m breaststroke. A ranking of 16th for the 200m Individual Medley, 19th for the 50m breaststroke, 21st for the 100m freestyle, 18th for the 100m breaststroke and 26th for the 50m freestyle.
Also competing for the first time at this event was Jacob who equally gained long course personal best times, ranking 28th in the 100m backstroke and 25th in the 200m backstroke.
These rankings are for the East Region, covering the counties of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk which demonstrates the swimmers’ incredible achievements racing with some of the best athletes in the area.