Five of Fenland’s finest runners finish inside top 50 of five-mile race in Bourne
FIVE of Fenland’s finest runners finished inside the top 50 of Sunday’s Frostbite Friendly League five-mile race in Bourne on Sunday.
Robin Parker crossed the line in 15th place for Fenland Running Club in a time of 29.55 minutes, seven places and one minute ahead of James Fulcher from March Athletic Club. Jack Trow (Fenland, 24th), Joe Bradshaw (March, 33rd) and Andrew Larham (March, 45th) were the other runners to make the top 50 in the 383-strong field.
Rebecca Cousins was the first Fenland lady home and third woman finisher overall with a time of 33.03 minutes. The first March AC female across the line was Karen Patterson in a time of 36.58 minutes.
Six juniors from March AC completed a smaller 3k course with Jack Simon the first home in 42nd place. He crossed the line in 13.07 minutes.
Fenland Running Club: Robin Parker, 15th, 29.55; Jack Trow, 24th, 31.11; Rebecca Cousins, 51st, 33.03; Robbie Howlett, 58th, 33.19; Tim Chapman, 75th, 34.03; Andre Pittock, 81st, 34.09; Paul Arnold, 86th, 34.38; Jamie Johnston, 113th, 35.45; Nicole Coughlin, 116th, 35.52; Paul Weigand, 118th, 35.54; Darren Jackson, 138th, 36.49; Keith White, 164th, 37.57; Dan Wate, 171st, 38.11; Adam Chown, 208th, 40.10; Adam Oakes, 218th, 40.36; Richard Williams, 246th, 42.07; Maire Irlam, 255th, 42.40; Cheryl Chapman, 287th, 44.54; Roger Williams, 288th, 45.05; Jane Greenwood, 322nd, 47.18; Julie Garner, 338th, 48.59.
March Athletic Club: Juniors - Jack Simon, 42nd, 13.07; Harry Amps, 57th, 13.41; Katie Donkin, 91st, 15.59; Ashleigh Patterson, 101st, 17.10; Annabelle Rayner, 102nd, 17.20; Olivia Allen-Hall, 103rd, 17.22.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 3 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 5 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 8 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
Seniors- James Fulcher, 22nd 30.56; Joe Bradshaw, 33rd, 32.03; Andrew Larham, 45th 32.34; Pete West, 96th 34.59; Wayne Stimson, 108th 35.33; Darren Moat, 127th 36.20; Mark Salmons, 131st 36.32; Karen Patterson, 142nd 36.58; Barry Freeman, 174th 38.15; Jo Lawrence, 191st 39.13; Geraldine Emmins, 252nd 42.21; Fred Amps, 253rd 42.22; Austin Patterson, 285th 44.38; Shaun Donkin, 298th 45.42, Debra Ridgway 306th 46.21, Ray Few 355th 51.17, Tony Whibley 376th 57.10.