Follow your Art and go Dutch
THIS weekend brings a feast of horse racing and there are big races at Newmarket and Longchamp. The Cambridgeshire Meeting, at Newmarket, got under way yesterday and there are big money races to keep an eye on today (Friday) and tomorrow. Today s Group On
THIS weekend brings a feast of horse racing and there are big races at Newmarket and Longchamp.
The Cambridgeshire Meeting, at Newmarket, got under way yesterday and there are big money races to keep an eye on today (Friday) and tomorrow.
Today's Group One card features probably the strongest line-up of two-year-old races to be staged on a single British race day.
The total prize money of £706,000 makes it the second most valuable day ever staged at Newmarket.
You may also want to watch:
Unbeaten colt Dutch Art, running in today's £170,000 Shadwell Middle Park Stakes, has looked in sparkling form and I can't see anyone beating him.
Another interesting race is the Sky Bet Cheveley Park Stakes, also running today, and here I would look at putting some money on Sander Cammillo.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
However, the ground will make a difference to her chances. As long as the going stays good or good to soft then she is in with a real chance.
The Totesport Cambridgeshire, on Saturday, looks ultra-competitive but I am backing Sir Mark Prescott's Spectait, who has a good record and, at anything around 10/1, presents great each-way value.
Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, at Longchamp, brings together a very strong field with Hurricane Run and Deep Impact featuring highly but I fancy Andrew Fabre's Shirocco.
If you are looking for a good each-way bet, then I recommend St Leger winner and Newmarket's very own Sixties Icon, who will give you a very good chance at making a nice return.