Follow your Art and go Dutch
THIS weekend brings a feast of horse racing and there are big races at Newmarket and Longchamp. The Cambridgeshire Meeting, at Newmarket, got under way yesterday and there are big money races to keep an eye on today (Friday) and tomorrow. Today s Group On
THIS weekend brings a feast of horse racing and there are big races at Newmarket and Longchamp.
The Cambridgeshire Meeting, at Newmarket, got under way yesterday and there are big money races to keep an eye on today (Friday) and tomorrow.
Today's Group One card features probably the strongest line-up of two-year-old races to be staged on a single British race day.
The total prize money of £706,000 makes it the second most valuable day ever staged at Newmarket.
Unbeaten colt Dutch Art, running in today's £170,000 Shadwell Middle Park Stakes, has looked in sparkling form and I can't see anyone beating him.
Another interesting race is the Sky Bet Cheveley Park Stakes, also running today, and here I would look at putting some money on Sander Cammillo.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
However, the ground will make a difference to her chances. As long as the going stays good or good to soft then she is in with a real chance.
The Totesport Cambridgeshire, on Saturday, looks ultra-competitive but I am backing Sir Mark Prescott's Spectait, who has a good record and, at anything around 10/1, presents great each-way value.
Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, at Longchamp, brings together a very strong field with Hurricane Run and Deep Impact featuring highly but I fancy Andrew Fabre's Shirocco.
If you are looking for a good each-way bet, then I recommend St Leger winner and Newmarket's very own Sixties Icon, who will give you a very good chance at making a nice return.