FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies and March Soccer School sides taste success at Hungate Rovers six-a-side tournament
- Credit: Archant
Two local sides had successful outings at the Hungate Rovers six-a-side tournament last weekend.
March Town Ladies and March Soccer School both brought trophies back to Fenland after winning their respective competitions.
The ladies entered two teams – blues and yellows – and after winning their early knock-out ties, the sides met in the last four of the competition.
The match went to penalties but the blues triumphed via spot kicks, before going on to clinch the trophy from the spot once again after drawing with Kirkley & Pakefield in a tense showdown.
Goalkeeper Tori Sharpe went from saving the kicks to netting them and hit the decisive penalty as the Hares lifted the trophy for the second straight year.
You may also want to watch:
And in the younger age groups, March Soccer Schools under 12s clinched that title – their second after winning the Hereward Cup in March.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite