FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies and March Soccer School sides taste success at Hungate Rovers six-a-side tournament
- Credit: Archant
Two local sides had successful outings at the Hungate Rovers six-a-side tournament last weekend.
March Town Ladies and March Soccer School both brought trophies back to Fenland after winning their respective competitions.
The ladies entered two teams – blues and yellows – and after winning their early knock-out ties, the sides met in the last four of the competition.
The match went to penalties but the blues triumphed via spot kicks, before going on to clinch the trophy from the spot once again after drawing with Kirkley & Pakefield in a tense showdown.
Goalkeeper Tori Sharpe went from saving the kicks to netting them and hit the decisive penalty as the Hares lifted the trophy for the second straight year.
And in the younger age groups, March Soccer Schools under 12s clinched that title – their second after winning the Hereward Cup in March.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road