FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies and March Soccer School sides taste success at Hungate Rovers six-a-side tournament
- Credit: Archant
Two local sides had successful outings at the Hungate Rovers six-a-side tournament last weekend.
March Town Ladies and March Soccer School both brought trophies back to Fenland after winning their respective competitions.
The ladies entered two teams – blues and yellows – and after winning their early knock-out ties, the sides met in the last four of the competition.
The match went to penalties but the blues triumphed via spot kicks, before going on to clinch the trophy from the spot once again after drawing with Kirkley & Pakefield in a tense showdown.
Goalkeeper Tori Sharpe went from saving the kicks to netting them and hit the decisive penalty as the Hares lifted the trophy for the second straight year.
You may also want to watch:
And in the younger age groups, March Soccer Schools under 12s clinched that title – their second after winning the Hereward Cup in March.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre