FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies and March Soccer School sides taste success at Hungate Rovers six-a-side tournament
- Credit: Archant
Two local sides had successful outings at the Hungate Rovers six-a-side tournament last weekend.
March Town Ladies and March Soccer School both brought trophies back to Fenland after winning their respective competitions.
The ladies entered two teams – blues and yellows – and after winning their early knock-out ties, the sides met in the last four of the competition.
The match went to penalties but the blues triumphed via spot kicks, before going on to clinch the trophy from the spot once again after drawing with Kirkley & Pakefield in a tense showdown.
Goalkeeper Tori Sharpe went from saving the kicks to netting them and hit the decisive penalty as the Hares lifted the trophy for the second straight year.
You may also want to watch:
And in the younger age groups, March Soccer Schools under 12s clinched that title – their second after winning the Hereward Cup in March.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart