Former Ebbsfleet United striker Scott Ginty agrees Wisbech Town move
FORMER Ebbsfleet United striker Scott Ginty has agreed to join Wisbech Town.
The 21-year-old will follow fellow forward Simon Mowbray to the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium, as Steve Appleby strengthens his strike-force for a promotion push.
Ginty became a fans’ favourite at Ebbsfleet before injury problems led to the club releasing him in November last year.
Appleby told fans on the Fenmen forum that Ginty had been “unlucky with injuries”.
The Wisbech boss said: “He was in the Boston United youth team with Jon Fairweather and the Peterborough United Academy alongside Callum Reed.
You may also want to watch:
“He spent some time last season with Deeping Rangers and scored quite a few goals for them.”
Appleby has moved quickly this summer to bolster his ranks, with midfielder Reed and goalkeeper Lea Jordan also agreeing to return to the Fenmen.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 10 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
The Wisbech boss told fans: “You probably think, like I do, that we didn’t achieve quite as much as I had hoped in terms of silverware and making progress in the league.
“But one positive for me – worth more than silverware – is that for the first time since I took over as manager, I haven’t had to chop and change the squad.
“I feel the opportunity is now there to prove we are good enough to do things and with the lads being a little bit wiser and a few minor adjustments, we are not a million miles away.”
Appleby confirmed that Mark Jimson would continue as manager of the reserves, with Mel Mattless and “possibly a third person” assisting him.
He also said friendlies would be played against March Town United, Spalding United, Peterborough Northern Star and Long Buckby.
Appleby added that the club were waiting to hear back from King’s Lynn Town regarding the possibility of “home and away matches”.