Former Fenmen star Jack Friend signs pro deal with Peterborough United
- Credit: Archant
Former Wisbech Town striker Jack Friend has signed a professional contract with Peterborough United.
The 18 year-old, who has been banging in the goals for the Posh’s under-18 side, has put pen to paper alongside Harry Anderson, Jonny Edwards and Tobi Adebayo-Rowling.
The College of West Anglia student is the Fenmen’s youngest ever goalscorer - in November 2012 he scored against Thetford Town aged just 16 years and eight days.
Friend said: “I am delighted with becoming a professional, but the hard work starts now”.
Head of Academy coaching and acting under-18s manager Kieran Scarff said: ‘The current crop of under 18s are a great group of lads. It is a great opportunity for the lads and it is a great opportunity for us as coaches to continue to aid their development.
You may also want to watch:
“These four players have got a lot of potential and we are excited to watch their progress with us here at Peterborough United.’
Chairman Darragh MacAnthony said: “All four have great character, they are fine young men and will represent our football club in years to come. I am very excited and happy with what we have done.”
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 9 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action