Former Fenmen star Jack Friend signs pro deal with Peterborough United
- Credit: Archant
Former Wisbech Town striker Jack Friend has signed a professional contract with Peterborough United.
The 18 year-old, who has been banging in the goals for the Posh’s under-18 side, has put pen to paper alongside Harry Anderson, Jonny Edwards and Tobi Adebayo-Rowling.
The College of West Anglia student is the Fenmen’s youngest ever goalscorer - in November 2012 he scored against Thetford Town aged just 16 years and eight days.
Friend said: “I am delighted with becoming a professional, but the hard work starts now”.
Head of Academy coaching and acting under-18s manager Kieran Scarff said: ‘The current crop of under 18s are a great group of lads. It is a great opportunity for the lads and it is a great opportunity for us as coaches to continue to aid their development.
You may also want to watch:
“These four players have got a lot of potential and we are excited to watch their progress with us here at Peterborough United.’
Chairman Darragh MacAnthony said: “All four have great character, they are fine young men and will represent our football club in years to come. I am very excited and happy with what we have done.”
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden