Former March Town United captain Luke Pepper set to rejoin the Hares
FORMER March Town United captain Luke Pepper is on the verge of a return to the Hares.
The midfielder had been a loyal servant at the GER for almost a decade before he followed boss Brett Whaley to Yaxley in the summer.
But four months later, and with his friend Ash Brand making the same switch, Pepper looks set to return to his hometown club. He left the United Counties League side earlier this week.
March are now waiting to see if Yaxley waive the 28-day ruling, which prevents a club putting in two seven-day approaches in quick succession.
Hares boss Paul Crosbie said: “Luke contacted me on Sunday asking if he could return. I’ve said we will do things right but if Yaxley help then all the better.
You may also want to watch:
“The ball is in the player’s and Yaxley’s court.”
Pepper’s move may be cleared in time for him to feature in March’s clash with Swaffham Town on Saturday.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized