Former March Town United star Denny Escorcio signs for Wisbech Town
FORMER March Town United winger Denny Escorcio has signed for Wisbech Town.
The Portuguese star has agreed to leave Soham Town Rangers for the Fenmen after Steve Appleby put in a seven day approach for him this week.
Wisbech will now wait for clearance from the Ridgeons League before tomorrow’s trip to Wivenhoe Town.
Appleby told the Wisbech Standard this week: “We made a note of Denny when he was at March last year and he looked lively playing for Soham in a pre-season game against us.
“I’ve kept my eye on him ever since.”
You may also want to watch:
The signing came after star midfielder Callum Reed left the club in order to play closer to his Peterborough home while he cares for his ill mother.
- 1 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 6 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 7 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager