Former March Town United star Denny Escorcio signs for Wisbech Town
FORMER March Town United winger Denny Escorcio has signed for Wisbech Town.
The Portuguese star has agreed to leave Soham Town Rangers for the Fenmen after Steve Appleby put in a seven day approach for him this week.
Wisbech will now wait for clearance from the Ridgeons League before tomorrow’s trip to Wivenhoe Town.
Appleby told the Wisbech Standard this week: “We made a note of Denny when he was at March last year and he looked lively playing for Soham in a pre-season game against us.
“I’ve kept my eye on him ever since.”
The signing came after star midfielder Callum Reed left the club in order to play closer to his Peterborough home while he cares for his ill mother.
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration