Former March Town United star Denny Escorcio signs for Wisbech Town
FORMER March Town United winger Denny Escorcio has signed for Wisbech Town.
The Portuguese star has agreed to leave Soham Town Rangers for the Fenmen after Steve Appleby put in a seven day approach for him this week.
Wisbech will now wait for clearance from the Ridgeons League before tomorrow’s trip to Wivenhoe Town.
Appleby told the Wisbech Standard this week: “We made a note of Denny when he was at March last year and he looked lively playing for Soham in a pre-season game against us.
“I’ve kept my eye on him ever since.”
You may also want to watch:
The signing came after star midfielder Callum Reed left the club in order to play closer to his Peterborough home while he cares for his ill mother.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris