Former March Town United star Denny Escorcio signs for Wisbech Town
FORMER March Town United winger Denny Escorcio has signed for Wisbech Town.
The Portuguese star has agreed to leave Soham Town Rangers for the Fenmen after Steve Appleby put in a seven day approach for him this week.
Wisbech will now wait for clearance from the Ridgeons League before tomorrow’s trip to Wivenhoe Town.
Appleby told the Wisbech Standard this week: “We made a note of Denny when he was at March last year and he looked lively playing for Soham in a pre-season game against us.
“I’ve kept my eye on him ever since.”
You may also want to watch:
The signing came after star midfielder Callum Reed left the club in order to play closer to his Peterborough home while he cares for his ill mother.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’