Former Wisbech Grammar School rugby star earns Scotland Under-20s selection
FORMER Wisbech Grammar School rugby star Alistair Price has been selected for the Scotland Under-20s training squad.
The 18-year-old scrum half, who plays for Bedford Blues Academy, will spend three days training with the national side at Murrayfield later this month.
He will complete a second training camp and a trial game in January before Scotland select their side for the first Six Nations match against England Under-20s.
Price, a former member of the grammar school’s first team, has already made four first-team appearance for the Blues after joining their academy last year.
Academy director Denis Ormesher, said: “We are delighted with this selection for Ali. He has taken his chances with the Blues well and has trained hard to get where he has.
“He is still only 18 and will be in contention for Scotland under 20s next season as well.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 10 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash