Former Wisbech Grammar School rugby star earns Scotland Under-20s selection
FORMER Wisbech Grammar School rugby star Alistair Price has been selected for the Scotland Under-20s training squad.
The 18-year-old scrum half, who plays for Bedford Blues Academy, will spend three days training with the national side at Murrayfield later this month.
He will complete a second training camp and a trial game in January before Scotland select their side for the first Six Nations match against England Under-20s.
Price, a former member of the grammar school’s first team, has already made four first-team appearance for the Blues after joining their academy last year.
Academy director Denis Ormesher, said: “We are delighted with this selection for Ali. He has taken his chances with the Blues well and has trained hard to get where he has.
You may also want to watch:
“He is still only 18 and will be in contention for Scotland under 20s next season as well.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 10 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards