Former Wisbech Grammar School rugby star earns Scotland Under-20s selection
FORMER Wisbech Grammar School rugby star Alistair Price has been selected for the Scotland Under-20s training squad.
The 18-year-old scrum half, who plays for Bedford Blues Academy, will spend three days training with the national side at Murrayfield later this month.
He will complete a second training camp and a trial game in January before Scotland select their side for the first Six Nations match against England Under-20s.
Price, a former member of the grammar school’s first team, has already made four first-team appearance for the Blues after joining their academy last year.
Academy director Denis Ormesher, said: “We are delighted with this selection for Ali. He has taken his chances with the Blues well and has trained hard to get where he has.
You may also want to watch:
“He is still only 18 and will be in contention for Scotland under 20s next season as well.”
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement