Freeze hits Wisbech Town and March Town United as Ridgeons League postpone weekend fixtures
WISBECH Town and March Town United will be out of action again this weekend after all matches in the Ridgeons League were postponed.
David Mayes, the league’s fixtures secretary, said this morning: “In view of the current weather situation the league has decided to cancel all matches on Saturday.”
March, who sit third in the Ridgeons First Division having played more games than several of their rivals, will be unable to host Team Bury.
But the latest postponement will be of more concern to the Fenmen, who will not be able to entertain Diss Town tomorrow.
Steve Appleby’s troops are already facing a fixture backlog, as they sit ninth in the Ridgeons Premier Division with several games in hand.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mayes added: “New dates for the matches will be issued shortly.”
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years