Freeze hits Wisbech Town and March Town United as Ridgeons League postpone weekend fixtures
WISBECH Town and March Town United will be out of action again this weekend after all matches in the Ridgeons League were postponed.
David Mayes, the league’s fixtures secretary, said this morning: “In view of the current weather situation the league has decided to cancel all matches on Saturday.”
March, who sit third in the Ridgeons First Division having played more games than several of their rivals, will be unable to host Team Bury.
But the latest postponement will be of more concern to the Fenmen, who will not be able to entertain Diss Town tomorrow.
Steve Appleby’s troops are already facing a fixture backlog, as they sit ninth in the Ridgeons Premier Division with several games in hand.
Mr Mayes added: “New dates for the matches will be issued shortly.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 9 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 10 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss