Freeze hits Wisbech Town and March Town United as Ridgeons League postpone weekend fixtures
WISBECH Town and March Town United will be out of action again this weekend after all matches in the Ridgeons League were postponed.
David Mayes, the league’s fixtures secretary, said this morning: “In view of the current weather situation the league has decided to cancel all matches on Saturday.”
March, who sit third in the Ridgeons First Division having played more games than several of their rivals, will be unable to host Team Bury.
But the latest postponement will be of more concern to the Fenmen, who will not be able to entertain Diss Town tomorrow.
Steve Appleby’s troops are already facing a fixture backlog, as they sit ninth in the Ridgeons Premier Division with several games in hand.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mayes added: “New dates for the matches will be issued shortly.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal