Freeze hits Wisbech Town and March Town United as Ridgeons League postpone weekend fixtures
WISBECH Town and March Town United will be out of action again this weekend after all matches in the Ridgeons League were postponed.
David Mayes, the league’s fixtures secretary, said this morning: “In view of the current weather situation the league has decided to cancel all matches on Saturday.”
March, who sit third in the Ridgeons First Division having played more games than several of their rivals, will be unable to host Team Bury.
But the latest postponement will be of more concern to the Fenmen, who will not be able to entertain Diss Town tomorrow.
Steve Appleby’s troops are already facing a fixture backlog, as they sit ninth in the Ridgeons Premier Division with several games in hand.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mayes added: “New dates for the matches will be issued shortly.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack