From Bristol to the Norfolk coast: busy weekend for Fenland Running Club as members sprint through a series of events
- Credit: Archant
Members of Fenland Running Club were scattered all over the country on Sunday as the club took part in a series of distance running events.
The hilly Bristol to Bath Marathon, the Bupa Great South Run 10 mile in Portsmouth and the North Norfolk Beach Runners Holt 10K were all ran by FRC members, who turned in some impressive times.
Starting from Bristol, Gill Holmes ended up in Bath after her 35th Marathon in a time of 6:00;03 and 4,044th in a finishing field of 4,129.
In Portsmouth, Richard Hammond had his best ever 10 mile run with a personal best time of 1:04:58 and was 269th in a field of 13,953 finishers.
Somewhat closer to home, Claudia and Ian Milburn raced in the Holt 10K and finished 103rd and 130th in times of 0:44:52 and 0:46:30 respectively.
A further 30 or so members also took part in the club’s Three Counties social run which started in Norfolk at West Walton, via Sutton Bridge in Lincolnshire and finishing along the river bank near Wisbech, with the run raising £60 for Cancer Research as the chosen charity of hosts Eric and Sue Page.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 7 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 10 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers