Fun and skills at soccer school
THE Richard Scott Soccer School training sessions in Wimblington last week proved to be the most successful yet, and another school has already been planned for October. The number of children attending the four-day school had more than doubled on the sam
THE Richard Scott Soccer School training sessions in Wimblington last week proved to be the most successful yet, and another school has already been planned for October.
The number of children attending the four-day school had more than doubled on the same event last year, and there were about 40 youngsters developing their skills and taking part in fun events each day.
Boys and girls aged from four to 14 years old went along to the Parkfield Sports
Centre, where the morning programme was dedicated to developing skills, and afternoon events included games and fun football events.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Richard Scott said: "We grouped the children in to age groups and they all seemed to have a great time. All the youngsters were presented with certificates and medals. We were delighted with the number of children taking part and so we have set up another school in the next few weeks."
The Richard Scott Soccer School is scheduled to take place during half term in October. Again, it will be held at the Parkfield Sports Centre.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s