Future is bright for Estover Park as young football stars toast memorable season
CUP-WINNING youngsters toasted a memorable season at Estover Park Youth Football Club’s presentation night.
Chairman Alex Neal hailed the progress made by Estover, who now boast three girls teams and as well as the boys under-11s side.
He said: “It was a great night and I would like to thank the committee for all their support through the season.
“The club has really grown over the last four years and boasts the biggest and most successful girls section in March. The boys team are also extremely strong.
“I would also like to thank your newspaper for promoting youth football. The future looks bright for the club.”
You may also want to watch:
The girls under-15s celebrated a sparkling season, which saw them finish fourth in the Fenland District League and lift the league cup.
Millie Feist won the best trainer award, Jade Anderson was named most improved player and Fern Paterson took the top-scorer prize.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
Parents’ players of the year were Emma Searle and Sydney Davis, players’ player was Dani Westgate and manager’s player was Bethan Evans.
Jordan Jones was the most improved player in the girls under-11s side, who won the Wisbech St Mary five-a-side tournament and finished mid-table in the S-Tech League.
Best trainer went to Annalise Mitchell, top-scorer was Naomi McGarvie, parents’ player was Hana Howsam, players’ player was Lauren Hire and manager’s player was Holly Patrick.
Zac Muholland, Ben Butterworth, Kieran Kirby, Kyle Nosworthy, Brandon Pearce and Patrick Allington picked up the boys under-11s silverware.
Girls under-14s award winners were Dani Green, Molly Smethurst, Amy Newell, Maddi Garner, Erin Powell and Brooke Anderson.
Estover, who have set up a girls under-11s side for next season, are looking to strengthen their youth squads. Interested players should contact Teilo Pearce on 07979506983 or Gary Davis on 07824337771.