GALLERY: Action-packed Lenford Cup helps raise money for March Town United
AROUND 150 footballers graced March Town United’s GER ground on Saturday to take part in the fourth Lenford Cup.
Hares captain Luke Pepper organised the men’s 5-a-side tournament for the fourth consecutive year to raise money for the Ridgeons First Division outfit.
March Has Beens - which included ex-Hares players Gary White, Stuart Warby, Mark Newton, James Harness and Richard Peachey - beat 23 other teams to win the popular competition.
Pepper said: “It starts off as a bit of fun but when it gets down to the latter stages it soon becomes rather serious.
“I’m always nervous on the day but barring a few minor injuries it couldn’t have gone much better.”
You may also want to watch:
Pepper thanked everyone who helped out on the day including Hares vice-chairman Gerry Roe, secretary Ray Bennett, Trevor and Mandy Welcher, John and Jo Whiteway, Jo Anderson and Shereen Hutton.
The Hares captain said he hoped the day had raised around �1,000 for the club.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Council buys up 1,000 sandbags ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land