GALLERY: Action-packed Lenford Cup helps raise money for March Town United
AROUND 150 footballers graced March Town United’s GER ground on Saturday to take part in the fourth Lenford Cup.
Hares captain Luke Pepper organised the men’s 5-a-side tournament for the fourth consecutive year to raise money for the Ridgeons First Division outfit.
March Has Beens - which included ex-Hares players Gary White, Stuart Warby, Mark Newton, James Harness and Richard Peachey - beat 23 other teams to win the popular competition.
Pepper said: “It starts off as a bit of fun but when it gets down to the latter stages it soon becomes rather serious.
“I’m always nervous on the day but barring a few minor injuries it couldn’t have gone much better.”
Pepper thanked everyone who helped out on the day including Hares vice-chairman Gerry Roe, secretary Ray Bennett, Trevor and Mandy Welcher, John and Jo Whiteway, Jo Anderson and Shereen Hutton.
The Hares captain said he hoped the day had raised around �1,000 for the club.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks