GALLERY: Action-packed Lenford Cup helps raise money for March Town United
AROUND 150 footballers graced March Town United’s GER ground on Saturday to take part in the fourth Lenford Cup.
Hares captain Luke Pepper organised the men’s 5-a-side tournament for the fourth consecutive year to raise money for the Ridgeons First Division outfit.
March Has Beens - which included ex-Hares players Gary White, Stuart Warby, Mark Newton, James Harness and Richard Peachey - beat 23 other teams to win the popular competition.
Pepper said: “It starts off as a bit of fun but when it gets down to the latter stages it soon becomes rather serious.
“I’m always nervous on the day but barring a few minor injuries it couldn’t have gone much better.”
You may also want to watch:
Pepper thanked everyone who helped out on the day including Hares vice-chairman Gerry Roe, secretary Ray Bennett, Trevor and Mandy Welcher, John and Jo Whiteway, Jo Anderson and Shereen Hutton.
The Hares captain said he hoped the day had raised around �1,000 for the club.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 7 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million