GALLERY: Action-packed Lenford Cup helps raise money for March Town United
AROUND 150 footballers graced March Town United’s GER ground on Saturday to take part in the fourth Lenford Cup.
Hares captain Luke Pepper organised the men’s 5-a-side tournament for the fourth consecutive year to raise money for the Ridgeons First Division outfit.
March Has Beens - which included ex-Hares players Gary White, Stuart Warby, Mark Newton, James Harness and Richard Peachey - beat 23 other teams to win the popular competition.
Pepper said: “It starts off as a bit of fun but when it gets down to the latter stages it soon becomes rather serious.
“I’m always nervous on the day but barring a few minor injuries it couldn’t have gone much better.”
You may also want to watch:
Pepper thanked everyone who helped out on the day including Hares vice-chairman Gerry Roe, secretary Ray Bennett, Trevor and Mandy Welcher, John and Jo Whiteway, Jo Anderson and Shereen Hutton.
The Hares captain said he hoped the day had raised around �1,000 for the club.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris