GALLERY: Aussies Seymour and Shaw star in March Town’s win over Camden
- Credit: Archant
March Town’s two Australian stars were on song as they picked up a six wicket win over basement side Camden at The Avenue on Saturday.
The visitors batted first and found themselves languishing at 67-8 before some late resistance saw them muster 121 all out.
Steve Seymour did the bulk of the damage claiming 5-52, while captain Chris Ringham chipped in with 3-15.
In reply, three batsman fell for ducks as March found themselves 62-4.
But Stephen Shaw, who had been an injury doubt for the game, scored an unbeaten 71 and Ben Pyle made 25 not out to see them home.
You may also want to watch:
March, who sit 7th in the Tucker Gardner League, travel to second from bottom Cambridge NCI on Saturday.
On Sunday, more than 80 people attended the club’s open day, which included girls coaching in the morning and an annual President’s XI versus Chairman’s XI match in the afternoon.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
Club Chairman Les Mills “Our thanks to Waitrose for sponsorship of our ECB Open Day. The afternoon tea and excellent cakes were enjoyed by the players, spectators and visitors who attended during the day.”