GALLERY: Aussies Seymour and Shaw star in March Town’s win over Camden
- Credit: Archant
March Town’s two Australian stars were on song as they picked up a six wicket win over basement side Camden at The Avenue on Saturday.
The visitors batted first and found themselves languishing at 67-8 before some late resistance saw them muster 121 all out.
Steve Seymour did the bulk of the damage claiming 5-52, while captain Chris Ringham chipped in with 3-15.
In reply, three batsman fell for ducks as March found themselves 62-4.
But Stephen Shaw, who had been an injury doubt for the game, scored an unbeaten 71 and Ben Pyle made 25 not out to see them home.
You may also want to watch:
March, who sit 7th in the Tucker Gardner League, travel to second from bottom Cambridge NCI on Saturday.
On Sunday, more than 80 people attended the club’s open day, which included girls coaching in the morning and an annual President’s XI versus Chairman’s XI match in the afternoon.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
Club Chairman Les Mills “Our thanks to Waitrose for sponsorship of our ECB Open Day. The afternoon tea and excellent cakes were enjoyed by the players, spectators and visitors who attended during the day.”