GALLERY: Battling Chatteris Town haul themselves off the bottom with 2-2 draw
CHATTERIS Town hauled themselves off the bottom of the Kershaw Premier League with a hard-fought point against fellow strugglers Soham Town Rangers Reserves.
The Lilies edged above basement boys Eaton Socon on goal difference after the 2-2 draw at West Street on Saturday.
Soham, who had beaten mid-table Lakenheath days before, were inspired by a Samuel James brace but goals from Richie Allen and Ben Matthews were enough to earn Chatteris their third point of the campaign.
The Lilies, who are yet to win this season, travel to 15th-placed Ely City Reserves on Saturday for another vital game.
Chatters Town Reserves were beaten 3-2 by Fenland rivals Manea United on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Nathan Cooper and Henry Shepherd were on target for the Lilies but a David Anguila goal and a Charles Hutchinson brace wrapped up the points for Manea.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region