GALLERY: Carman’s horror double leg break forces March Town United Reserves’ game to be abandoned
- Credit: Archant
March Town United Reserves’ NMC 1B clash with Littleport Town had to be abandoned 15 minutes from time after midfielder Alex Carman’s horrific double leg break.
The Hares were one nil up at the time through Sean White. Carman has had surgery and will be out of action for at least nine months.
A club spokesman said: “Everyone at March Town FC send our thoughts and best wishes to our friend Alex and wish him a good recovery. Our thoughts are also with his family and friends.”
Wisbech St Mary Reserves enjoyed a thumping 11-0 win over Chatteris Town Reserves.
KERSHAW PREMIER LEAGUE
Jack Brand scored but Wisbech St Mary’s four game unbeaten streak ended with a 2-1 loss at Hardwick.
KERSHAW SENIOR A Ross Alexander, Josh Joyce and Anton Kaval were on target in Chatteris Town’s 3-2 win at Cambridge University Press Reserves.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
KERSHAW SENIOR B
Outwell Swifts’ title aspirations were dented by a 3-1 home loss to Sawston Rovers, while Wimblington drew 3-3 with Swavesey Institute.
March Rangers lost 3-0 to Fordham, while Mepal Sports were thrashed 6-0 by Alconbury.
Leaders Wisbech St Mary B were held 1-1 by Fenstanton Reserves. Wimblington Reserves lost 5-0 at The Eagle.
Joe Waters scored but Doddington United Reserves lost 2-1 to Isleham Warriors. Chatteris Town A lost 9-0 at Lakenheath Casuals.
Alex Ashley and Mark heading bagged braces in Chatteris Fen Tigers’ 4-4 draw at Littleport Town Reserves,
Goals from Keith Harris (2), Richard Peachey (2) and Lee Redhead helped March Rangers Reserves win 5-1 at Benwick Athletic Reserves.
Coldham United and Upwell Town Reserves drew 5-5 in a 10 goal thriller.
Kensey Carter (2), Lewis Greening (2) and Kevin Smith scored for the hosts. Upwell’s goals came courtesy of an Aaron Marshall hat-trick, Wesley Irons and Daniel Hempson.
Chatteris Fen Tigers Reserves beat Manea United Reserves 6-1. Jason Hennessey (2), Elliott Batizovszky, Scott Shepherd, Jack Bracey and Nick Streets got the goals.
Matthew Cox (2), Ashley Taylor and Ashley Parsons scored in March Saracens 4-1 win over Walsoken United.
PETERBOROUGH AND DISTRICT LEAGUE Prolific Mariusz Kudyba was once again on target but Leverington Sports are out of the Chroma Sport and Trophies President’s Premier Shield after losing 4-1 to Peterborough Sports Reserves.