GALLERY: Chatteris Town 1 - 1 Littleport Town
- Credit: Archant
CHATTERIS Town will have an agonising wait to see if they have done enough to stay in the Cambs Premier League.
The Lilies had Jack Saunders sent off for diving but Ben Matthews’ spectacular strike was enough to secure them a crucial 1-1 draw against Littleport Town in their last game of the season on Saturday.
They are five points in front of Eaton Socon but their relegation rivals still have four games to play and a superior goal difference.
Steve Bright, Chatteris joint boss, said: “Ben got the ball on the edge of the area and unleashed a terrific strike into the top corner but sadly another defensive mistake cost us.
“We’ve set Eaton Socon a target. They are going to have to win two games to overtake us and they don’t have an easy run-in.
You may also want to watch:
“I just hope we have done enough to survive.”
Wisbech St Mary, who are currently seventh, host Linton Granta tomorrow in their final game of the season.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
In the Peterborough and District Football League, Whittlesey United lost 2-1 at home to Riverside Rovers.
They will take on Whittlesey Blue Star tomorrow in a derby clash.
Outwell had a disappointing end to their Cambs Premier B campaign with a 4-0 defeat against West Row Gunners.