GALLERY: City of Ely pair Greg Harlow and Nick Brett fall to winner of 2015 World Indoor Bowls Championships
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Alex Marshall did for City of Ely Bowls Club pair Greg Harlow and Nick Brett on his way to claiming a record sixth World Indoor Bowls Championships title.
Marshall, 47, beat Brett in the quarter-finals (11-4, 4-14, 2-1) before moving on to take victory over Harlow in the semis (7-6, 7-5).
Marshall then went on to beat Andy Thomson (11-9, 10-3) in the final to claim another championship win.
Ely’s Brett, who was seeded fourth, said: “Outstanding is a word that is overused but I can say, without hesitation that Alex was doubly outstanding.
“I’ve never seen a performance like that in my life, particularly in the first set. I didn’t do anything wrong and wham!”
You may also want to watch:
Harlow, himself a former world champion, hammered the incumbent champion David Burnett in the quarter-final (11-1, 11-1) but failed to carry his good form through into the semi.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards