GALLERY: City of Ely pair Greg Harlow and Nick Brett fall to winner of 2015 World Indoor Bowls Championships
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Alex Marshall did for City of Ely Bowls Club pair Greg Harlow and Nick Brett on his way to claiming a record sixth World Indoor Bowls Championships title.
Marshall, 47, beat Brett in the quarter-finals (11-4, 4-14, 2-1) before moving on to take victory over Harlow in the semis (7-6, 7-5).
Marshall then went on to beat Andy Thomson (11-9, 10-3) in the final to claim another championship win.
Ely’s Brett, who was seeded fourth, said: “Outstanding is a word that is overused but I can say, without hesitation that Alex was doubly outstanding.
“I’ve never seen a performance like that in my life, particularly in the first set. I didn’t do anything wrong and wham!”
You may also want to watch:
Harlow, himself a former world champion, hammered the incumbent champion David Burnett in the quarter-final (11-1, 11-1) but failed to carry his good form through into the semi.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 8 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment