GALLERY: Competitors turn out at March Golf Club for Selby & Taylor Challenge
- Credit: Archant
Peter Jones was the winner of March Golf Club’s Selby & Taylor Challenge, which is sponsored by the March opticians.
Jones clinched the men’s competition with 41 points. Second and third on countback were Barry Cracknell and Stan Dunn with 38 points.
The ladies winner was Fiona Wood with 31 points on countback from Penny Gilbert and Brenda Softley.
The competition was followed in the evening by the presentation of prizes by Steve Barclay MP and a buffet provided by Mr and Mrs Bill Kalsi, which was enjoyed by all.
The club also held a ladies invitation day, which was won by Sarah Oldham and Ann Howgego.
You may also want to watch:
Maggie Groves and Celia Skidmore have won the last two ladies medal competitions.
Dean Gaughran won the club championship, while Adrian Abbs picked up the handicap cup.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized