GALLERY: Competitors turn out at March Golf Club for Selby & Taylor Challenge
- Credit: Archant
Peter Jones was the winner of March Golf Club’s Selby & Taylor Challenge, which is sponsored by the March opticians.
Jones clinched the men’s competition with 41 points. Second and third on countback were Barry Cracknell and Stan Dunn with 38 points.
The ladies winner was Fiona Wood with 31 points on countback from Penny Gilbert and Brenda Softley.
The competition was followed in the evening by the presentation of prizes by Steve Barclay MP and a buffet provided by Mr and Mrs Bill Kalsi, which was enjoyed by all.
The club also held a ladies invitation day, which was won by Sarah Oldham and Ann Howgego.
You may also want to watch:
Maggie Groves and Celia Skidmore have won the last two ladies medal competitions.
Dean Gaughran won the club championship, while Adrian Abbs picked up the handicap cup.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years