GALLERY: Competitors turn out at March Golf Club for Selby & Taylor Challenge
- Credit: Archant
Peter Jones was the winner of March Golf Club’s Selby & Taylor Challenge, which is sponsored by the March opticians.
Jones clinched the men’s competition with 41 points. Second and third on countback were Barry Cracknell and Stan Dunn with 38 points.
The ladies winner was Fiona Wood with 31 points on countback from Penny Gilbert and Brenda Softley.
The competition was followed in the evening by the presentation of prizes by Steve Barclay MP and a buffet provided by Mr and Mrs Bill Kalsi, which was enjoyed by all.
The club also held a ladies invitation day, which was won by Sarah Oldham and Ann Howgego.
You may also want to watch:
Maggie Groves and Celia Skidmore have won the last two ladies medal competitions.
Dean Gaughran won the club championship, while Adrian Abbs picked up the handicap cup.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 8 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life