GALLERY: Competitors turn out at March Golf Club for Selby & Taylor Challenge
- Credit: Archant
Peter Jones was the winner of March Golf Club’s Selby & Taylor Challenge, which is sponsored by the March opticians.
Jones clinched the men’s competition with 41 points. Second and third on countback were Barry Cracknell and Stan Dunn with 38 points.
The ladies winner was Fiona Wood with 31 points on countback from Penny Gilbert and Brenda Softley.
The competition was followed in the evening by the presentation of prizes by Steve Barclay MP and a buffet provided by Mr and Mrs Bill Kalsi, which was enjoyed by all.
The club also held a ladies invitation day, which was won by Sarah Oldham and Ann Howgego.
Maggie Groves and Celia Skidmore have won the last two ladies medal competitions.
Dean Gaughran won the club championship, while Adrian Abbs picked up the handicap cup.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild