GALLERY: Contrasting fortunes for March hockey teams but great day for Long Sutton
- Credit: Archant
March Town men kept their promotion hopes alive with a 2-2 draw at Norwich City II.
They got off to the worst possible start when they found themselves 2-0 down in the first five minutes.
An inspired Jody Betts then turned the game on its head with a hat-trick, before Norwich levelled.
Both sides threw everything at each other after the break but neither could get the winner.
The ladies lost 6-1 to high-flying Cambridge South.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors netted three times in each half. Hana Howsam set up Libby Wallis for March’s goal.
Long Sutton men made the difference in the second half to beat Norwich City 4-2.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
Danny Sisson struck twice in the first half as Long Sutton went in level. After the break, Joshua Fyson slotted home a penalty flick and Will Cook scrambled home following a flowing team move.
Long Sutton ladies picked up an impressive 2-1 win over leaders Spalding.
The hosts went two goals up through Emma Howell’s sharp effort and Leanne Woodhead’s fierce strike.
Spalding pulled a goal back to set up a nervy finale but Long Sutton ladies held firm.