GALLERY: Contrasting fortunes for March hockey teams but great day for Long Sutton
- Credit: Archant
March Town men kept their promotion hopes alive with a 2-2 draw at Norwich City II.
They got off to the worst possible start when they found themselves 2-0 down in the first five minutes.
An inspired Jody Betts then turned the game on its head with a hat-trick, before Norwich levelled.
Both sides threw everything at each other after the break but neither could get the winner.
The ladies lost 6-1 to high-flying Cambridge South.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors netted three times in each half. Hana Howsam set up Libby Wallis for March’s goal.
Long Sutton men made the difference in the second half to beat Norwich City 4-2.
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
Danny Sisson struck twice in the first half as Long Sutton went in level. After the break, Joshua Fyson slotted home a penalty flick and Will Cook scrambled home following a flowing team move.
Long Sutton ladies picked up an impressive 2-1 win over leaders Spalding.
The hosts went two goals up through Emma Howell’s sharp effort and Leanne Woodhead’s fierce strike.
Spalding pulled a goal back to set up a nervy finale but Long Sutton ladies held firm.