GALLERY: Contrasting fortunes for March hockey teams but great day for Long Sutton
- Credit: Archant
March Town men kept their promotion hopes alive with a 2-2 draw at Norwich City II.
They got off to the worst possible start when they found themselves 2-0 down in the first five minutes.
An inspired Jody Betts then turned the game on its head with a hat-trick, before Norwich levelled.
Both sides threw everything at each other after the break but neither could get the winner.
The ladies lost 6-1 to high-flying Cambridge South.
The visitors netted three times in each half. Hana Howsam set up Libby Wallis for March’s goal.
Long Sutton men made the difference in the second half to beat Norwich City 4-2.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 10 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
Danny Sisson struck twice in the first half as Long Sutton went in level. After the break, Joshua Fyson slotted home a penalty flick and Will Cook scrambled home following a flowing team move.
Long Sutton ladies picked up an impressive 2-1 win over leaders Spalding.
The hosts went two goals up through Emma Howell’s sharp effort and Leanne Woodhead’s fierce strike.
Spalding pulled a goal back to set up a nervy finale but Long Sutton ladies held firm.