GALLERY: Cousins and Fairweather sent off as Wisbech Town are held to 2-2 draw
WISBECH Town scored twice, conceded twice and had two men sent off as they were held to a draw by CRC.
Captain Paul Cousins and fellow defender Jon Fairweather were dismissed in the second half as the ill-discipline that haunted last season’s campaign threatened to return.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby admitted he was disappointed with “inconsistent” refereeing as the Fenmen faithful directed much of their frustration at the officials.
Appleby’s troops had earlier fought back from conceding an early goal to lead 2-1, with two more strikes from the prolific Dubi Ogbonna.
And even after 16th-placed CRC equalised, it was the nine men of Wisbech that were pushing for a winner.
But the visitors held out at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium, and the Fenmen’s dropped points were compounded by wins for title rivals Mildenhall Town and Dereham Town.
Wisbech travel to Felixstowe & Walton United on Saturday.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road