GALLERY: Cousins and Fairweather sent off as Wisbech Town are held to 2-2 draw
WISBECH Town scored twice, conceded twice and had two men sent off as they were held to a draw by CRC.
Captain Paul Cousins and fellow defender Jon Fairweather were dismissed in the second half as the ill-discipline that haunted last season’s campaign threatened to return.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby admitted he was disappointed with “inconsistent” refereeing as the Fenmen faithful directed much of their frustration at the officials.
Appleby’s troops had earlier fought back from conceding an early goal to lead 2-1, with two more strikes from the prolific Dubi Ogbonna.
And even after 16th-placed CRC equalised, it was the nine men of Wisbech that were pushing for a winner.
You may also want to watch:
But the visitors held out at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium, and the Fenmen’s dropped points were compounded by wins for title rivals Mildenhall Town and Dereham Town.
Wisbech travel to Felixstowe & Walton United on Saturday.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 8 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 9 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week