GALLERY: Cousins and Fairweather sent off as Wisbech Town are held to 2-2 draw
WISBECH Town scored twice, conceded twice and had two men sent off as they were held to a draw by CRC.
Captain Paul Cousins and fellow defender Jon Fairweather were dismissed in the second half as the ill-discipline that haunted last season’s campaign threatened to return.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby admitted he was disappointed with “inconsistent” refereeing as the Fenmen faithful directed much of their frustration at the officials.
Appleby’s troops had earlier fought back from conceding an early goal to lead 2-1, with two more strikes from the prolific Dubi Ogbonna.
And even after 16th-placed CRC equalised, it was the nine men of Wisbech that were pushing for a winner.
You may also want to watch:
But the visitors held out at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium, and the Fenmen’s dropped points were compounded by wins for title rivals Mildenhall Town and Dereham Town.
Wisbech travel to Felixstowe & Walton United on Saturday.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party