GALLERY: Cousins and Fairweather sent off as Wisbech Town are held to 2-2 draw
WISBECH Town scored twice, conceded twice and had two men sent off as they were held to a draw by CRC.
Captain Paul Cousins and fellow defender Jon Fairweather were dismissed in the second half as the ill-discipline that haunted last season’s campaign threatened to return.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby admitted he was disappointed with “inconsistent” refereeing as the Fenmen faithful directed much of their frustration at the officials.
Appleby’s troops had earlier fought back from conceding an early goal to lead 2-1, with two more strikes from the prolific Dubi Ogbonna.
And even after 16th-placed CRC equalised, it was the nine men of Wisbech that were pushing for a winner.
You may also want to watch:
But the visitors held out at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium, and the Fenmen’s dropped points were compounded by wins for title rivals Mildenhall Town and Dereham Town.
Wisbech travel to Felixstowe & Walton United on Saturday.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed