GALLERY: Crosbie hails Hare-oic performance as March Town United stun league leaders
BOSS Paul Crosbie dedicated March Town United’s best performance of the season to the club’s fans and volunteers after they stunned in-form Cambridge University Press.
Press sit top of the Thurlow Nunn First Division, with just one defeat, but the defiant Hares sent them crashing out of the Knockout Cup on Saturday.
Top scorer Robbie Masters netted the winner in the 14th minute as a 1-0 win proved enough for March to set up a quarter-final clash with Great Yarmouth on February 6.
“It was a thoroughly deserved win,” said Crosbie. “We had 14 lads committed to the cause and the five that were unavailable all sent good luck messages before the game.
“It was the best result of the season. It showed the volunteers and all those that pay to watch that we are one.
“There were no individuals - just a team of players that care about March Town United.”
Crosbie was dealt a blow before the game as Chatteris Town announced they had tempted Aidan Hollis and Jack Saunders back to West Street.
- 1 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 5 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 8 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
Saunders and Hollis were two of the players to swap the Lilies for the Hares over the summer.
But after Shaun Hayden took over as Chatteris chairman last week the duo have agreed to return to their hometown club.
Former March midfielder Gary White has also joined the relegation-threatened Lilies - and more players are expected to sign this week.
Crosbie said Doddington United had also made an approach for Hollis and admitted he was disappointed to lose the talented midfielder.