GALLERY: Darlow suffers serious injury as March succumb to heavy home defeat
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town United suffered a dispiriting 3-0 home defeat at the hands of Long Melford in a game marred by a serious injury to Sam Darlow.
The Hares were able to field a strong side against a team they had thumped 4-0 only two weeks ago but they could not handle their determined opponents who are battling to avoid relegation.
Play was halted for 25 minutes so Darlow could receive treatment after he dislocated his elbow.
He spent most of the night in hospital and will be forced to wear a cast for six weeks.
The result leaves March Town United 12th in the Thurlow Nunn League First Division.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Paul Crosbie will hope for a good response from his team when they travel to Stowmarket Town on Saturday.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road