GALLERY: Darlow suffers serious injury as March succumb to heavy home defeat
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town United suffered a dispiriting 3-0 home defeat at the hands of Long Melford in a game marred by a serious injury to Sam Darlow.
The Hares were able to field a strong side against a team they had thumped 4-0 only two weeks ago but they could not handle their determined opponents who are battling to avoid relegation.
Play was halted for 25 minutes so Darlow could receive treatment after he dislocated his elbow.
He spent most of the night in hospital and will be forced to wear a cast for six weeks.
The result leaves March Town United 12th in the Thurlow Nunn League First Division.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Paul Crosbie will hope for a good response from his team when they travel to Stowmarket Town on Saturday.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors