GALLERY: Darlow suffers serious injury as March succumb to heavy home defeat
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town United suffered a dispiriting 3-0 home defeat at the hands of Long Melford in a game marred by a serious injury to Sam Darlow.
The Hares were able to field a strong side against a team they had thumped 4-0 only two weeks ago but they could not handle their determined opponents who are battling to avoid relegation.
Play was halted for 25 minutes so Darlow could receive treatment after he dislocated his elbow.
He spent most of the night in hospital and will be forced to wear a cast for six weeks.
The result leaves March Town United 12th in the Thurlow Nunn League First Division.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Paul Crosbie will hope for a good response from his team when they travel to Stowmarket Town on Saturday.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down