GALLERY: Feelgood factor emerges as Chatteris begin preparations for new season
- Credit: Archant
Jock Bedford’s arrival combined with new additions to the playing squad have led to a very positive feel good factor around the club, according to Chattris Town chairman Shaun Hayden.
“Pre season has gone very well for us so far.” Said Hayden. “Jock (Bedford) is very happy with what he has seen since he came in, and so far it has been very good for him and the team.
“We have started slightly earlier than the other teams around us in our league, but we wanted to get in early so we are not playing catch up. By getting in early the squad will have more time together which is important at this level and we get to catch up early which is good.”
Chatteris started their pre season at home to Swaffham on Saturday July 6 and the two sides played out a 1-1 draw in a game split into three 30 minute sessions as a result of the intense heat.
Chatteris went ahead in the first period before Rory Harper levelled for Swaffham in the second. It was even honours at the end, a fair result and a solid start to pre season for Bedford’s men.
You may also want to watch:
This was followed by the visit of St Ives Town last weekend and The Ives snatched a 2-1 victory from the game but there were still positives to take from both results according to chairman Hayden.
“The 1-1 draw at Swaffham was a good start and the St Ives game was a good way to follow it up as we were unlucky to lose the game.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
However, despite not winning there are plenty of positives to take from the games as we go forward into our pre season campaign.
Over the summer we tried to keep the nucleus of the squad the same and we are going to be using pre season to try and integrate some younger players into our squad and try one or two things out.”