GALLERY: Feelgood factor emerges as Chatteris begin preparations for new season
- Credit: Archant
Jock Bedford’s arrival combined with new additions to the playing squad have led to a very positive feel good factor around the club, according to Chattris Town chairman Shaun Hayden.
“Pre season has gone very well for us so far.” Said Hayden. “Jock (Bedford) is very happy with what he has seen since he came in, and so far it has been very good for him and the team.
“We have started slightly earlier than the other teams around us in our league, but we wanted to get in early so we are not playing catch up. By getting in early the squad will have more time together which is important at this level and we get to catch up early which is good.”
Chatteris started their pre season at home to Swaffham on Saturday July 6 and the two sides played out a 1-1 draw in a game split into three 30 minute sessions as a result of the intense heat.
Chatteris went ahead in the first period before Rory Harper levelled for Swaffham in the second. It was even honours at the end, a fair result and a solid start to pre season for Bedford’s men.
You may also want to watch:
This was followed by the visit of St Ives Town last weekend and The Ives snatched a 2-1 victory from the game but there were still positives to take from both results according to chairman Hayden.
“The 1-1 draw at Swaffham was a good start and the St Ives game was a good way to follow it up as we were unlucky to lose the game.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
However, despite not winning there are plenty of positives to take from the games as we go forward into our pre season campaign.
Over the summer we tried to keep the nucleus of the squad the same and we are going to be using pre season to try and integrate some younger players into our squad and try one or two things out.”