GALLERY: Fenland cricket round up - Emmington and Tarrett on song as Wisbech II coast to win
- Credit: Archant
An unbeaten 89 from Danny Emmington helped Wisbech II pick up a five wicket win over Longstanton in Cambs Senior League Division Two on Saturday.
Ben Tarrett took 5-66 as Longstanton made 210-8. Emmington received good support from Jamie Gollands (58) as Wisbech II chased down the runs.
In Senior Division One, March II lost by 15 runs to Great Shelford.
James Beresford (3-49) was the pick of the bowlers as Shelford were restricted to 167-3 but, despite Toby Nulty’s 48 and an unbeaten 30 from John Wallis, March II finished on 152-9.
Chatteris’ game with Cambridge St Giles was cancelled due to a wet outfield.
In Cambs Junior League Division Two North, Wisbech III’s game with Wilburton was cancelled. Wimblington bowled out Littleport for 110 but collapsed to 50 all out to lose by 60 runs.
In Cambs Junior Division Three North, March III beat Haddenham by eight wickets but, despite Michael Hill’s 6-39 and Oli Bailey’s 58, Chatteris II lost by nine runs to Cambridge Granta III. Leverington were awarded their game with Pymoor, who couldn’t field a team.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
Doddington dismissed Somersham for 50 and went on to win by six wickets in Cambs Junior Division Four North.