GALLERY: Fenland cricket round up - Emmington and Tarrett on song as Wisbech II coast to win
- Credit: Archant
An unbeaten 89 from Danny Emmington helped Wisbech II pick up a five wicket win over Longstanton in Cambs Senior League Division Two on Saturday.
Ben Tarrett took 5-66 as Longstanton made 210-8. Emmington received good support from Jamie Gollands (58) as Wisbech II chased down the runs.
In Senior Division One, March II lost by 15 runs to Great Shelford.
James Beresford (3-49) was the pick of the bowlers as Shelford were restricted to 167-3 but, despite Toby Nulty’s 48 and an unbeaten 30 from John Wallis, March II finished on 152-9.
Chatteris’ game with Cambridge St Giles was cancelled due to a wet outfield.
You may also want to watch:
In Cambs Junior League Division Two North, Wisbech III’s game with Wilburton was cancelled. Wimblington bowled out Littleport for 110 but collapsed to 50 all out to lose by 60 runs.
In Cambs Junior Division Three North, March III beat Haddenham by eight wickets but, despite Michael Hill’s 6-39 and Oli Bailey’s 58, Chatteris II lost by nine runs to Cambridge Granta III. Leverington were awarded their game with Pymoor, who couldn’t field a team.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 10 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
Doddington dismissed Somersham for 50 and went on to win by six wickets in Cambs Junior Division Four North.