GALLERY: Fenland cricket round up - Emmington and Tarrett on song as Wisbech II coast to win
- Credit: Archant
An unbeaten 89 from Danny Emmington helped Wisbech II pick up a five wicket win over Longstanton in Cambs Senior League Division Two on Saturday.
Ben Tarrett took 5-66 as Longstanton made 210-8. Emmington received good support from Jamie Gollands (58) as Wisbech II chased down the runs.
In Senior Division One, March II lost by 15 runs to Great Shelford.
James Beresford (3-49) was the pick of the bowlers as Shelford were restricted to 167-3 but, despite Toby Nulty’s 48 and an unbeaten 30 from John Wallis, March II finished on 152-9.
Chatteris’ game with Cambridge St Giles was cancelled due to a wet outfield.
In Cambs Junior League Division Two North, Wisbech III’s game with Wilburton was cancelled. Wimblington bowled out Littleport for 110 but collapsed to 50 all out to lose by 60 runs.
In Cambs Junior Division Three North, March III beat Haddenham by eight wickets but, despite Michael Hill’s 6-39 and Oli Bailey’s 58, Chatteris II lost by nine runs to Cambridge Granta III. Leverington were awarded their game with Pymoor, who couldn’t field a team.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 10 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
Doddington dismissed Somersham for 50 and went on to win by six wickets in Cambs Junior Division Four North.