GALLERY: Fenland cricket round up - Emmington and Tarrett on song as Wisbech II coast to win
- Credit: Archant
An unbeaten 89 from Danny Emmington helped Wisbech II pick up a five wicket win over Longstanton in Cambs Senior League Division Two on Saturday.
Ben Tarrett took 5-66 as Longstanton made 210-8. Emmington received good support from Jamie Gollands (58) as Wisbech II chased down the runs.
In Senior Division One, March II lost by 15 runs to Great Shelford.
James Beresford (3-49) was the pick of the bowlers as Shelford were restricted to 167-3 but, despite Toby Nulty’s 48 and an unbeaten 30 from John Wallis, March II finished on 152-9.
Chatteris’ game with Cambridge St Giles was cancelled due to a wet outfield.
You may also want to watch:
In Cambs Junior League Division Two North, Wisbech III’s game with Wilburton was cancelled. Wimblington bowled out Littleport for 110 but collapsed to 50 all out to lose by 60 runs.
In Cambs Junior Division Three North, March III beat Haddenham by eight wickets but, despite Michael Hill’s 6-39 and Oli Bailey’s 58, Chatteris II lost by nine runs to Cambridge Granta III. Leverington were awarded their game with Pymoor, who couldn’t field a team.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 3 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 8 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
Doddington dismissed Somersham for 50 and went on to win by six wickets in Cambs Junior Division Four North.