GALLERY: Fenland cricket round-up - Hastings stars in Wisbech II win but Chatteris have nightmare against Thriplow
- Credit: Archant
Jack Hastings was the star of the show as Wisbech II beat Bluntisham by 60 runs at Harecroft Road in Cambs Senior Division Two on Saturday.
Hastings top scored with 52 as Wisbech II made 231-7 then took four wickets as the visitors were bowled out for 171.
In Cambs Senior Division One, March II’s game with Kimbolton was abandoned and Chatteris, who were in action against Thriplow, probably wished their game went the same way.
Anthony Palmer took 5-27 as Thriplow posted 255 all out. In reply, extras top scored with nine as Chatteris crumbled to 28 all out, losing by 227 runs.
In Cambs Junior Division Two North, Wisbech III lost by three runs to Littleport. Martin Knowles (4-23) was on song as Littleport were restricted to 119-7 but, despite 24 from Ryan Van Waterschoot and 23 from Jason Esser, they fell just short.
You may also want to watch:
In Cambs Junior Division Three North, teenager Rob Conyard (4-6) and John Haslegrave (3-26) did the damage as Pymoor were bowled out for 112.
Haslegrave then made an unbeaten 43 as March III won by six wickets.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 6 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
An excellent bowling effort helped Leverington beat Cambridge Granta III by seven wickets.
Ian Cooper (3-7) and Soloman Prestidge (3-23) starred as Granta III were bowled out for 83. Gautam Odedra (36 no) top scored in Leverington’s successful chase.
Doddington chased down 186 with ease to beat Willingham by eight wickets in Cambs Junior Division Four North.