GALLERY: Fenland cricket round-up - Hastings stars in Wisbech II win but Chatteris have nightmare against Thriplow
- Credit: Archant
Jack Hastings was the star of the show as Wisbech II beat Bluntisham by 60 runs at Harecroft Road in Cambs Senior Division Two on Saturday.
Hastings top scored with 52 as Wisbech II made 231-7 then took four wickets as the visitors were bowled out for 171.
In Cambs Senior Division One, March II’s game with Kimbolton was abandoned and Chatteris, who were in action against Thriplow, probably wished their game went the same way.
Anthony Palmer took 5-27 as Thriplow posted 255 all out. In reply, extras top scored with nine as Chatteris crumbled to 28 all out, losing by 227 runs.
In Cambs Junior Division Two North, Wisbech III lost by three runs to Littleport. Martin Knowles (4-23) was on song as Littleport were restricted to 119-7 but, despite 24 from Ryan Van Waterschoot and 23 from Jason Esser, they fell just short.
In Cambs Junior Division Three North, teenager Rob Conyard (4-6) and John Haslegrave (3-26) did the damage as Pymoor were bowled out for 112.
Haslegrave then made an unbeaten 43 as March III won by six wickets.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 8 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
An excellent bowling effort helped Leverington beat Cambridge Granta III by seven wickets.
Ian Cooper (3-7) and Soloman Prestidge (3-23) starred as Granta III were bowled out for 83. Gautam Odedra (36 no) top scored in Leverington’s successful chase.
Doddington chased down 186 with ease to beat Willingham by eight wickets in Cambs Junior Division Four North.